Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Trophy Husband

Saw that. Good call GBdad. He must have the greatest agent on the planet. Right place at the right time. There is a long list of Yankees like that.

Mets blow a 5-1 lead over the Padres last night after the Padres did everything they could think of the not win. Base running blunders, not running out hits (thinking they were home runs), dropped balls and 2 balks. Mets have bases loaded with no outs and they can't push at least one run over to tie it up. I could not believe it and that is saying something coming from a Mets fan. Curtis Granderson sucks!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Diaper Jockey

The Brew Crew is starting to come back to earth. Lost 3 in a row and have a tough schedule coming up. Arizona and the Dodgers (with the Mets thrown in the middle).

They had a good little run these last few weeks but just don't have the starting pitching to hang in there over 162. But it looks like the rebuild is coming along. That Thornburg for Shaw trade was highway robbery....nice work out of Brewers GM David Sterns!

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 05-25-2017, 09:30 PM
Trophy Husband

Nice kick the crotch about my Mets in that last post GBdad.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Speaking of which, it seems like Neil Walker is coming home with the Mets for a weekend series. I hope Mets fans are better than Yankees fans.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 05-26-2017, 11:16 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Nice kick the crotch about my Mets in that last post GBdad.
Yes....and now that I've ripped on the Mets they'll probably sweep the Brewers out of the Big Apple.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 05-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Speaking of which, it seems like Neil Walker is coming home with the Mets for a weekend series. I hope Mets fans are better than Yankees fans.
I know Walker is a fan favorite in Pittsburgh but he aint all that. I cant stand his "night at the Roxbury" haircut.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:01 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
I know Walker is a fan favorite in Pittsburgh but he aint all that. I cant stand his "night at the Roxbury" haircut.
You east coasters are all jaded, but likely the feeling is mutual with regards to him given the team and market he's currently with. I think the Bucs should have kept him but the ownership here is notoriously tight with payroll and he is injury prone so they felt like they had to move him.

Anyway, it looks like we're going to the game tonight. Kelly's friend is in from Detroit and she brought her kids with so we needed something to do. I'll probably be the only man there and thus the only one into the game but the women will be doing what they do when gathered: talking about old times, enjoying some adult beverages and not aware of their surroundings unless the kids whine too loudly. You know what that means for me!
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old Today, 01:10 AM
Diaper Jockey

Mark...I seriously hope the Brewers leave Citi Field with one win. I know the Mets have been down but the vibe I'm getting from my Brew Crew right now has losing 16 out of 20 written all over it! They're certainly not a 1st place team.

My wife bought me a Brewers ticket package for Christmas. I missed the first game that I had due to my recent illness. Despite the policy written on the ticket of "All Ticket Sales are Final. No Refunds or Exchanges," I decided to contact the ticket office. Explained my story/situation and no questions asked they gave me a ticket to a different game and even included a parking pass. And actually, the seat they gave me to the new game was better than the one I had. Not sure how many other organizations would be that understanding and accommodating, but I'm proud to root for the blue and gold!

Red Smith