Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
so...how 'bout that Eagles Bears game?

Unreal!
Old 01-15-2019, 11:37 PM
Trophy Husband

It just wont end for the Jets, and I am not talking about the last season. UHG!

Old 01-16-2019, 01:13 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Are they the worst in the league? Probably not; they're little brother to New England in their division. All it will take is for New England to implode. There are chinks in Sir Tom's armor.

Otherwise parity seems to abound. Teams that were barely over .500 were in the running for a wild card spot all the way up to week 17.

As a Steelers fan the house is crumbling. Player defections abound and locker room discipline points to the inmates running the asylum and a head coach essentially calling a piss poor defense on his own. Assistant coaches are being let go or are taking lateral deals elsewhere yet the head coach may get an extension. SMH. Is it time to start rooting for Cleveland?
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 01-21-2019, 04:10 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I couldn't keep away. I watched both games yesterday. There was some high drama and some damn fine plays made.

There were a lot of blown calls too. When are they just going to put sensors in the ball?
Old 01-21-2019, 06:00 PM
Trophy Husband

2 good games yesterday that had a couple of bad calls in both. Are the Patriots good? Of course. But they are blessed as well. If the Chiefs Dee Ford does not line up off sides on a play he had nothing to do with the media would be writing Brady's epitaph after losing the big game after throwing 3 interceptions in one playoff game instead of telling us how awesome he still is. What a frigging bonehead mistake by Lee. Can you imagine after all the exercises and drills the entire team does all year is thrown away on a mistake like that?
Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 PM
Diaper Jockey

The Saints got SCREWED on that no call for pass interference. DB just BLEW UP the receiver with his back to the ball. No call? If that's called it's over. It's stuff like that which fuels the fire of thinking the NFL is rigged. Calls in each game kind of went the way of ensuring an LA/Boston matchup. Large markets, one on each coast, has CBS execs grinning ear to ear that they don't have to promote a New Orleans vs. Kansas City Super Bowl.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 01-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBDad View Post
The Saints got SCREWED on that no call for pass interference. DB just BLEW UP the receiver with his back to the ball. No call? If that's called it's over. It's stuff like that which fuels the fire of thinking the NFL is rigged. Calls in each game kind of went the way of ensuring an LA/Boston matchup. Large markets, one on each coast, has CBS execs grinning ear to ear that they don't have to promote a New Orleans vs. Kansas City Super Bowl.
I agree. They had to move the officiating crew out of their hotel afterward because of all the threats though. Fans are nuts.

Brady is a MACHINE though. They cut to him on the sidelines after KC took the lead with less than 2 minutes on the clock. He had a blank look on his face. It was like watching a robot parsing a data dump, then standing up to become Superman. I hate him so much I can't help but admire him!

Sir Tom winning the toss at OT was just the cherry on top though. It's such a shame that OT is sudden death though. The game could've gone on for at least another hour!
Old 01-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Trophy Husband

I can't believe Dee ford would actually show up at this years NFL Pro Bowl after last weeks bonehead play that cost his Kansas City Chief teammates a trip to this year's Super Bowl. Unreal.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:03 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
I can't believe Dee ford would actually show up at this years NFL Pro Bowl after last weeks bonehead play that cost his Kansas City Chief teammates a trip to this year's Super Bowl. Unreal.
With NFL's current crop of divas I'm actually not surprised.

BTW, NE made some boneheaded plays of their own. One play by KC wouldn't have made a difference. Winning the coin toss at OT would have.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:32 AM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
With NFL's current crop of divas I'm actually not surprised.

BTW, NE made some boneheaded plays of their own. One play by KC wouldn't have made a difference. Winning the coin toss at OT would have.

Winning a coin toss is a game of chance. Zero strategy. Guess and hope. The guy set up offsides on the biggest play of his career. Total choke.

I love this kid! I can't think of another team in any USA sport that has been found guilty of cheating multiple times with the same folks running the Organization.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/10-yea...-science-fair/