Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > New to Site - Just Saying Hello
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If you've ever been treated disrespectfully as a SAHD by a woman while with your kids
Yes or No 6 46.15%
No 7 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Canadad

Send a message via MSN to Neodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Neodaddy

That's cause you're a hero!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein
Old 10-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Career SAHD

Man, there's only been 15, OK maybe 14, new to site guys threads so far this year. To any dads lurking (who the hell came up with that term? I read some forums I never post on, lurker sounds evil) out there, there really are some good guys on here, and you won't get jumped on (much ) if you join in and type the wrong thing. Whatever the the damn right number is, SAHD's are pretty few and far between, gotta stick up for each other.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Career SAHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodaddy View Post
That's cause you're a hero!
Don't think you knew Neo, but actually, that may be true since silvio's wife became an invalid after a heart attack, and he seems to care for his kids well though it still. He may set folks on edge with his tone sometimes, but he's put up with a lot of stuff without whining about it, without even talking about it. Not sure where that all ended because of that.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Canadad

Send a message via MSN to Neodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Neodaddy

No, was not aware. And yes, his tone does set me on edge sometimes. This is a place to talk about our experiences, hopefully without getting pissed on when it's personal and sometimes difficult. And I wouldn't classify most of it as "poor me" stuff. It's sharing, seeking support, finding camaraderie in the trench we share.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein
Old 10-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
Man, there's only been 15, OK maybe 14, new to site guys threads so far this year. To any dads lurking (who the hell came up with that term? I read some forums I never post on, lurker sounds evil) out there, there really are some good guys on here, and you won't get jumped on (much ) if you join in and type the wrong thing. Whatever the the damn right number is, SAHD's are pretty few and far between, gotta stick up for each other.
We need a new poll. Have you ever been made to feel unwelcome on a SAHD message board?

I agree with what you said Riggs.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodaddy View Post
And I wouldn't classify most of it as "poor me" stuff.
The original poster stated that "we are terribly discriminated against in many ways". So yeah, "poor me" is what I'll stick with. If anyone thinks that the life of an SAHD (which for many is made possible by spouse who earn better than average incomes) is a life of "terrible discrimination", then I would posit that such a person has lived a terribly, blissfully, sheltered life.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Fear the Baker

I've not noticed any discrimination, but then I don't really worry much about other people or their thoughts and feelings on being a sahd. I actively chose to do this. Really what counts as discrimination? Some old geezer talking smack because u stay home with your kids, would that be discriminatory? I just don't get it. I've loved staying home, and the words and actions of other have very little to do with that. I've heard snide remarks but no matter what u do there are going to be haters. So envy my skills in the kitchen and watch me rock this baby carrier bitches, I am man i do not whine.

Ash:"dad how can a dirty hippy like you be such a flag waving do gooder"

Qaundo Omni Flunkus Moritati

Tags
dad, father, kids, orange county