Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2019, 11:47 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Was Stem co-op day. Hanging out with my guy friend day, catching up on our lives from the last week, talking aliens, fishing, politics, and telling jokes.
Only 3 men in the place, the other guy teaches something. Basically it's men in a mommies world and we are NOT welcomed with open arms. Best to stay to ourselves and just be cordial with the Moms.
We have to have volunteer hours per semester Aka jobs within, so i'm a hall monitor for 2 hours and he's next 2 hours. Both of us sit on a bench with a book for 4 hours and hardly do any reading. Just a couple of old guys on a bench.

Later at home after the girls went to bed, I launched the ship into the bottle. Did it go as planned. The after fire and sail that goes in first and is pulled close in bed 2 lines got twisted and I'm trying to untwist and maneuver the sail into position. I gave up just after midnight. I'll get back to it.

To top things off the eyeglass messed up my order on the new glasses. I gave a working pair for now.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:30 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I just got off the phone with the local Social Security office. There was a SNAFU regarding Justin's benefits and I'm going to have to deliver more paperwork to them so that I can pay his room and board. Long story short, he's on SSI and I'm his guardian so I handle these things. This is likely one aspect of parenthood that the vast majority of parents don't ever imagine having to do. If my mom were unable to handle her affairs, I'd be doing much the same thing. It's wonderful being sandwiched thusly.

I had no idea that Columbus Day was Monday and I already have two other meetings scheduled for Tuesday regarding the sea of paperwork that helps sustain Justin, so I'm hoping I have a window of opportunity to swing by. If not, then I'll have to do it Wednesday. So far, his caretakers agency seems to be accommodating. They know the drill when it comes to dealing with the government.

Meanwhile, I've decided that our local Home Depot sucks. It's too damn small (it used to be a Hill's dept. store) so they don't have a lot of things and there's really no space to put in everything. I'm finding that the flooring dept. is especially lacking so I'm off to Lowe's for stuff that HD should have but doesn't. I need something to seal the subfloor as well as some self-leveling compound.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 10-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

My wife dealing with the SS is on my list of least favorite things. She's my rep. Effen judge she stripped me of my own $$. I think I was set up. Nah, I'm too impulsive, and irresponsible. But It took 2 denials from pencil pushers to get to see her. 3 years. Judge has a family member with E. She understood better than the 2 pencil pushers that denied me.
Dealings with the SS trying to find out WHY did benefits ($$) change. It's always a drastic amount. Their explanation on paper never says WHY.

Last edited by irie feeling; 10-12-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

The Baltimore Clipper looked better outside the bottle than inside it.
Shes back out. Put her back on the jig aka the drydock. New sails, thinner paper, and new rigging lines and I will try again.
Poppa practiced for her Upcoming 5k run with her running club.

We went on a quest for clip on shades that Vision Works could remove the lenses for, to put in fluorescent light sensitivity glass. Why the hell I am I shopping for them?, I say. They are the glasses shoppe.
I found some that fit my new spectaticles, but don't know if they
Can swap th e lenses yet. Then, my wife found the complete product, light sensitivity clip ons with the proper lense (FL-1) @ Amazon. Will be here tomorrow! I need clip ons be they are for indoor use. I have too much going on to put the FL-1 dip on my glasses.
Kiss it VW.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Trophy Husband

Went to a Frat day drink at my sons college. Long day but I held my own.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:31 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
LOL, careful Mark. My roommate and I had to collect a young friend from the local ER because his "brothers" decided to give him alcohol poisoning when he decided to de-pledge. Those frat boys can be real assholes.

I'm not saying I'm any better. I tied a few on overseas when I was in the Navy and it bit me later on at my "party school." I got my own public drunkenness citation of my own with a nice fine and enrollment in a special class. I learned a lot. Now my wife and I are "wine connoisseurs" and know to pair our liquor with food and friendship.

Last night some friends and we attended an annual fundraiser for the local branch of the Carnegie library that my wife and her friends went to as children. It's a wine event with raffles for prizes and a "wall of booze." It's a really old building about the size of an elementary school (with a swimming pool in the basement of all things) and set in an economically challenged area so they do this to attract a more affluent (and elderly) clientele and have collected literally millions to renovate the building.

It's for the children.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 10-14-2019, 12:30 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
I get a sip on Sunday's.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:03 PM
Trophy Husband

After a 11 hour drinking binge yesterday, OK I was slowing down later on, I drove 8 straight hours home only stopping once to refuel in NJ heading back from VA. The wife flew out to work meeting from VA so it was just me and my daughter. NO WAY we push through without 1 pee stop with Mom in the car. about a 1hr traffic delay too. Good girl Ebean!
Old 10-15-2019, 12:00 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

My favorite FM radio station did a flip- flop on me. I turned it on and and it was the total opposite of what I listen to. I thought, "This is odd, must be a mistake." The next song was worse. I fiddled with the tuning dial, figuring it got bumped, couldn't find my type of music. Then I went to my car, turned the key, just a click, to hear the radio. Checked the # on the dash.
It was for real. I don't want to insult anyone's listening preferences.
My station is gone.
Taken over by the opposite genre. I guess they figure it's a bigger listening market.
Dammit. Maybe "Alexa" can help.

Last edited by irie feeling; 10-15-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:00 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

The Pride of Baltimore is launched. Time to open the champagne!
Mast and sails are up and in place, but not tight. She needs to harden in the epoxy for a few days before I go pulling on the strings.