Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Beach Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Down go the Cubbbies! Oh well. BTW, the low budget Tampa Bay Rays won 90 games this year in the A.L. East. Hmmm, maybe it wasn't Madden who was the alleged genius when he managed there and had similar results. I guess his locker room gimmicks are fading fast.
His protege sure didn't light anything on fire in DC. As someone who watched almost every game of the season until they were eliminated.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Beach Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBDad View Post

Taking the kids to Friday's game. Only way I'm guaranteed to get to a playoff game. No one willing or able to pick the kids up from school on Friday. So they'll miss school and go to the game. Bought extra tickets for Friday during the season ticket holder presale in case this happened.
That is awesome. I love playoff baseball. Wife and I went to Nationals game last year.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

+1.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Trophy Husband

Have fun GBDad. Nice treat for the kids too!
Old 10-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Diaper Jockey

Had just my single ticket for every home playoff game. When it looked like they had a chance to win the division I called my ticket rep and bought 3 tickets together for NLDS Home Game 2, knowing if they won the division I'd have to take the kids. So I had my single ticket to sell for tomorrow. Yesterday, upper deck tickets were going for $120 before we knew the opponent. If the Cubs would have won, probably looking at $250 minimum. So I held off and didn't list my ticket. Rockies win and tickets now going for $50. Got greedy. Cost me $70. Oh well....sold it in 10 minutes on StubHub, still more than I paid for it.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 10-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Trophy Husband

Congrats to the Brewers!

More importantly, goodbye Yankees. So much for the "power house team".
Old 10-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Every team I root for loses. It's almost scientific. I will gladly wear swag if the hex will help you guys out! ;o)
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 10-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Every team I root for loses. It's almost scientific. I will gladly wear swag if the hex will help you guys out! ;o)
Then Kwak....I need you to root, root, root, for the Dodgers!

In-laws are coming to watch the kids tomorrow and I'm heading to Milwaukee for games 1 and 2.

So, pretty well known, and understandable from a ratings perspective that the worst case scenario at this point for MLB would be a Brewers/Astros World Series. While the defending world champs, and Houston being the 4th largest city in the nation, they still have a pretty local following. The Brewers, as Chicago Tribune columnist put it a month or so ago, have a following that extends from Sheboygan to Racine. So no kidding, the league wants a Red Sox and Dodgers World Series. Two big markets, legacy teams with huge payrolls, and nationwide fan bases. A former Marlins executive said on the Dan LeBetard show yesterday that MLB will do everything it can to make sure the Dodgers win. While I don't think "The Fix Is In," if those oh-so-close replays where they could go either way go in favor of the Dodgers, it will make you think.

Then...MLB Tonight last night. Greg Amsinger says, "These LCSs have the feel of an NCAA tournament with 3 one-seeds and a 5 seed that sneaked in. Al Leiter to his credit says, "Milwaukee is a 5 seed? They won 96 games?" Amsinger, "They won 96 games in the weakest division in baseball!" Okay? All year long all we heard was that the NL Pennant was the Cubs' to lose. The Brewers beat them. The NL Central is the ONLY division in baseball with 4 teams over .500. The only push-over was the Reds and the Pirates at 82-80 gave the Brewers, and Cubs, all they could handle. The NL East, 2 teams over .500. The West, 3 teams, with two 90 loss teams (okay, Giants 89, but close enough). The AL Central - only 1 team over .500! AL West 3 teams along with the vaunted AL East which had the worst team in all of baseball, the Orioles with a whopping 115 losses! But the Brewers sneaked into the final 4 by beating up on a weak division!?

So from the baseball classic Major League......

GO BREWERS!!!!

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith