Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Game Lounge > Xbox/Wii/PC
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

It's a world building game, kind of like Lego in that you build stuff but quite deep as you have to gather the resources to create more and more complex things. I appreciate it for its depth but it's not for me. I never got into Legos as a kid either.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Yeah, like I've said, it's kinda like virtual lego robotics or something. I was talking to other parents in church and they're so into computers as to be our total opposites. Their 8yo son is so into it that he's increased.his reading comprehension by reading the online wiki.

Now I admit that that's a little extreme but my hopes are somewhat more modest in that if they want something from the game they'll have to work for it. For example, if they want a house they have to chop wood, etc. It will given Joey the opportunity to express his creativity too.

Last edited by Kwak; 11-09-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:04 AM
Career SAHD

Maybe that's why ours like it since they were Lego fanatics, and that I encouraged that. I can see how it's kinda of a different thing than more action oriented games.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

Playing Xbox today and low and behold I see Hock having minecraft up and running. :-).

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaddy View Post
Playing Xbox today and low and behold I see Hock having minecraft up and running. :-).
Not me. I'm downstairs cleaning and on the computer. Minecraft blows. I did pick up Gaylo though.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
Not me. I'm downstairs cleaning and on the computer. Minecraft blows. I did pick up Gaylo though.
I did notice that someone in your house is playing the excellent and underrated Peggle. Nice.

Your boys like that Skylanders game? I was thinking about picking it up for the boy.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
I did notice that someone in your house is playing the excellent and underrated Peggle. Nice.

Your boys like that Skylanders game? I was thinking about picking it up for the boy.
Yes. They love it. Don't play it all the time as when they got the first one, but they will get up there on occasion on the weekend and put in some time. It's bad though as they want all the characters. We have likely 30 or more of them. Ouch. On the plus side you can buy them for a present here and there and they aren't too $ one at a time. I'm sure you could find them used. The new one is Giants. The old characters work in the new game as well. So that's good. It's fun. Good time to buy (Black Friday).

We all enjoy peggle. Even my 3yo. Wife even likes to think she's killer at it. My 6yo seems to own though. He gets bucket bonus all the time. He's lucky. He scored 100K plus just today on one freaking ball. The little punk. Peggle is a great game for those that may not like game games for their kids. It's just bouncing balls. Not shooting anything or what have you. Even I enjoy playing with them. I even got Peggle Night baby.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:14 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post

Oh yeah. My son's house in Plants vs Zombies kicks your house's ass. I think it's gold. LOL.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Now ain't this something?

http://www.examiner.com/article/moth...read-and-write
Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Nice! Yeah games like Pokemon and others are great for kids and help i encouraging them to read. My 6 year old kindergartener is reading chapter books and it's likely from games like Pokemon and the like giving him a good start. Even my 3 year old seems to read from games. Maybe it's just memory from what her brothers said before, but that is still a form of reading. Very cool.