Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Game Lounge > Xbox/Wii/PC
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy
Default COD Black Ops II

Well I did my annual purchase of a COD title. More for my oldest than for me since all of his friends have it. I guess a couple kids he knows "Took a Day of" from MIDDLE SCHOOL! to play. I know the parent and yes she would do that. Son and his buddies have been playing a bit.

Well I finally had a chance to play for a bit last night and was actually surprised. A few things...

* Color - They moved away from the washed out look of the last couple games and really brought out the color and sound. Very bright environments.

* Load Out - The new Pick 10 system is pretty cool. You can pretty much shape your class how you want. You can have up to 6 perks, not have grenades or a secondary weapon or have more. Pretty cool, everything is worth a point and do double up perks you use a wild card. (Card costs 1, perk costs 1) so it cost more to add a perk over 3.

*Game Mode- The addition of Hard Point (King of the Hill) and (3 vs 3 vs 3 )is kind of cool

* Point Streaks - They refined the point streak system from MW eliminating the killstreak. You can get your rewards without ever actually killing someone. Also the streak rewards are also point valued so you can take ANY combination you want. In the past there were multiple streaks that could not be taken in combination with others.

Had a little lag last night when I went to RED bars on my connection, otherwise it played really well.

Now if you were hoping this game would be completely different from the COD games you will be disappointed. I think it is fine it is like the other COD games. If I wanted to play a different game I would buy a DIFFERENT game. It is COD at it's core, but many of the little tweaks change the game overall.

I would recommend this game to anyone that wants to play a COD game, but if you are not a fan it is just another COD game with some minor tweaks.

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Hmmm, sadly I read your review and it has now made me want to go out and spend money! I suck at the CoD games, but I always enjoy playing them.

Seriously, I don't think I've bought myself a new game since last Christmas or so.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:39 PM
"Not Willsdad"

I ended up buying Halo. First game i've bought in over a year. I don't spend much on gaming. Just don't play enough and only have a few games I enjoy and like to play with friends. I wouldn't want to reduce that any more with yet another title. Like every COD game it's well, COD. Same old same old. I could play any of them and feel like I'm playing the new one. LOL. HALO has been pretty fun I must say. I enjoy CTF as usual. Been playing the last few nights.

As for the parents of those kids taking time off of school to play a video game? Throw them in jail. Degenerates. Seriously. That is what is wrong with society. Very sad.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

I skeptically bough it but it's good. Haven't really played around with the load out system yet but I like the maps that I've played so far. I usually only play Domination. I have Halo 4 as well but haven't even touched the MP yet. Might sell it.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
I skeptically bough it but it's good. Haven't really played around with the load out system yet but I like the maps that I've played so far. I usually only play Domination. I have Halo 4 as well but haven't even touched the MP yet. Might sell it.
It is fun, but sell it now if you are going to. then you should still get top dollar. It is HALO though and like COD it still plays like HALO. Has been a fun MP experience so far though.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
Hmmm, sadly I read your review and it has now made me want to go out and spend money! I suck at the CoD games, but I always enjoy playing them.

Seriously, I don't think I've bought myself a new game since last Christmas or so.
You're on PC right?

Tony, Kwak you guys should pick up a COD game, Modern Warfare 1 is the best one made imo. Black Ops is the second best. They're fun games, run at 60 fps and have big set pieces.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

You've not yet made a bad recommendation, Tuttle, but I need to beat BL2 at least once before I can convince my wife that I need another game to play.

Speaking of Kwak, did you get rid of BL1 yet or have you tried the dlc? Zombie Island is fun!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:05 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
You've not yet made a bad recommendation, Tuttle, but I need to beat BL2 at least once before I can convince my wife that I need another game to play.

Speaking of Kwak, did you get rid of BL1 yet or have you tried the dlc? Zombie Island is fun!
Halo is good. Lots of game types and the story is pretty good. The MP has been pleasantly fun. I didn't have very high hopes.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post

I think you can pick up MW1 for like 8 bucks used at Gamestop. It's not the best looking game anymore (it was when it first came out) but it's really fun. Hell, you may be able to pick it up at your library. It's a classic.

What level are you in BL2? Where are you in the story?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Trophy Husband

Glad my son did not bring in the mail today. I just walked in with an envelope from Amazon with his BOII game inside. It was easy to tell what it was. They have Black Ops II printed in large letters on both sides of the envelope. Could they make it any easier or tempting for someone to rip off? Boy will have to wait for Santa to play it.