Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > New to Site - Just Saying Hello
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 03:31 PM
jjacob

Default Stay Home Dad of Three

Hello Everyone

My name is Joel and I am currently a Stay-at-Home Dad of three children, two of my own and my niece. I decided to join a few forums to see if I could meet and communicate with other dads as since becoming a father I have lost all my friends once I started this new chapter in my life. Over the past year as a stay-at-home dad I have found myself lacking in the adult stimulation and interaction that I once had. I thought maybe this can help with this and maybe make a few friends along the way. Please feel free to ask more about how I am and what I do as I would love to share my experiences, whether it be regular jibber jabber or someone seeking advice. You may also visit my blog, Life and Times of a Stay-at-Home Dad, to find out a little more about my life and who I am. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:19 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Welcome to the site. What do you do? (you wanted us to ask)

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Super Duper Daddy

W
e
l
c
o
m
e

Old 10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Cleaner upper

Welcome aboard!

You'll find we have a few other guys in/from Canada here and some with mixed families.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Trophy Husband

Hi and welcome. Where are you located. Am I the only friggen guy in the world without a blog of my own?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Hey bud, welcome to the site. It's a great resource for bs'in with the guys as well as some good information. Stick around and read for a while, join in. Tell us more about yourself.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:10 PM
jjacob

Hello Everyone, Thanks for the welcomes. Will to start off, right now I am currently employed by three little people who keep me busy. I recently graduated from University with my Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Forest Conservation) degree and was looking for employment prior to getting temporary custody of my niece, the youngest in the household. I am from Calgary Alberta Canada, and I did notice that this forum was predominantly US based but thought why not join anyways.

Mark, Don't worry about having a blog seems I have been pretty neglectful of it but I am now trying to keep up with it as I am planning on staying home for awhile before going back to work. But please feel free to visit my blog at any time.

Again, I would like to thank everyone for the welcomes and hope I can not only help but gain some valuable knowledge from other dads around the world.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob View Post
Hello Everyone, Thanks for the welcomes. Will to start off, right now I am currently employed by three little people who keep me busy. I recently graduated from University with my Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Forest Conservation) degree and was looking for employment prior to getting temporary custody of my niece, the youngest in the household. I am from Calgary Alberta Canada, and I did notice that this forum was predominantly US based but thought why not join anyways.

Mark, Don't worry about having a blog seems I have been pretty neglectful of it but I am now trying to keep up with it as I am planning on staying home for awhile before going back to work. But please feel free to visit my blog at any time.

Again, I would like to thank everyone for the welcomes and hope I can not only help but gain some valuable knowledge from other dads around the world.
We do have some very active Canadian members but I would like to apologize in advance for one in particular

Welcome to the site!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:54 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will'sdad View Post
We do have some very active Canadian members but I would like to apologize in advance for one in particular

Welcome to the site!
Hey. QV isn't a bad guy. He's from Alberta or there a bouts. He may be long winder. Oh NM. You want Neo. Manitoba, Alberta.....same diff.

I did forestry in Colllege.

Mark. No blog in my future. No way. Sorry bloggers.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob View Post
graduated from University with my Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Forest Conservation) degree

I'm into trees too.

One good thing about this site, it's active, everyday.