Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 04:08 AM
Career SAHD

We headed to the mountains last weekend. Snowed for 2 days - about a foot.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Alpha Dog

For at least the first half of Saturday, I am calling in my daddy day. Where I get to be alone to go do whatever I want to to relax. And this Saturday morning I am going to go check out the new MIB 3 movie. But first, tonight or Friday... or both nights.
Noah & Abigail - class of 2029
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 AM
It's beer:30!

First full-blown boating/camping outing of the season. Weather looks favorable. Warm days and cool nights for tenting.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:56 PM
SAHD to RN

You should get a popup...they're awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
First full-blown boating/camping outing of the season. Weather looks favorable. Warm days and cool nights for tenting.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 07-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Dad in Training

First thing in the morning we're heading to the airport. Flying to my nieces wedding in Alberta. The first time our little guy is flying, so that should be:
  • fun
  • interesting
  • an adventure
  • all the above. :-)

We'll kick around Edmonton for a few days and do some kid friendly things. It'll be nice to get away for awhile, and go to someplace other than just to our families; as that is all our holiday travels have entailed the last 5 years.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Going to see the Stanley Cup tomorrow. Dustin Brown is bringing it in to town. Should be pretty fun.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:24 PM
SAHD to RN

Fresh home from a family reunion for my mom's side of the family, where 62 out of 70 people were there....tomorrow we're meeting up with what's left of my dad's side of the family.

My uncle, who is the last living one of his generation (my father died in '05 and his only sister died last year) will be in the state to see his daughter/my cousin. She lives only over an hour from me, yet I've seen her only 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years. She is significantly older than me (12 years or so), but cool as hell so we're gonna try to get together more frequently.

On Sunday 2 members of one of my favorite local bands are playing at an orchard/brewery right over the MA border, so I'm taking the kids to go groove to some live music. It's been awhile since we've done that.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Since my wife had to work ALL of last weekend and late every night this week I'm pushing hard for family time. There's a Pirates day game on Sunday and they have a lot of things for the kids to do. I'd like to do the zoo on Saturday if it's nice, if not either the Carnegie Science Center or Children's Museum of Pittsburgh. I REFUSE to get roped into shopping or getting stuck home with the kids while the wife goes grocery shopping by herself.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:54 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Well, yesterday was a bust but today I took 5yo Joey down to PNC Park on Kids' Sunday to watch the Pirates come back from a 1st inning 4 run debacle to win the game 11-5. Our seats were way up high near the corner in left field and Joey was pretty high strung and antsy but made it through 4 innings before I had to resort to taking us for a stroll around the stadium.

I watched 2 innings from the top of the steps along the 1st base line on the concourse. When Joey started dancing the way that tells me something is about to happen I took him into the bathroom then we headed out to the little playground near the right outfield gate. He got interested in a little informal game of kids' baseball with a couple of other kids and borrowed a glove. He has quite an arm - which one of the older kids commented on - and seemed to really enjoy trying to catch/throw the ball.

After the game on Sundays they open up the infield and let all the kids run a lap around the bases - just one lap, then they whisk you out through the left field stands. The line was incredibly long though because the Pirates have been doing so good and the game was sold out. We caught the end of the line on the left field rotunda (the entrance for the field is on the right outfield gate) and ended up staying another hour after the game.

BTW, we took the T (trolley) line to the game. It cost $2.50 for both of us each way so I didn't have to drive around looking for a lot and paying 4x that to park, though it added over an hour to the entire experience. We had to stop for a bathroom break and dinner at the local Giant Eagle market megaplex so we didn't get home until close to 8.

Sure it was a challenge, but as an experiment I chalk it up as a success. I need to stop being a softie with the treats but we did promise him if he stopped used some bad words he picked up and he kept up his end of the bargain. I'd do it all again on any subsequent Sunday home game.

Next weekend I'm shooting for a day at the Children's Museum for a day of art making (both kids like to do crafts) or just Joey for a trip to the Carnegie Science Center for an iMax movie and games in the sports zone. We'll see...
Old 08-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Sounds like a great day Kwak. Great stuff!!

$2.50 each way for the train? Damn, that's cheap! SEPTA's a ripoff!