Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Sounds like a great day Kwak. Great stuff!!

$2.50 each way for the train? Damn, that's cheap!
+1!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Thanks, guys. It would be nice to get some "me" time though, but I'd feel likes I was abandoning my wife and kids - each of whom also exhibit symptoms of stress. As for this week, it's already started on the wrong foot and that's no joke - but this is not the thread for that.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:24 AM
Certified Shit remover

Went upstate to my family's summer cabin in bear mountain, ny without wife & kids just a close who needed some guy time, going thru a divorce and just hit 160 days of being sober. Bummer was went to an annual with without him called wingfest, he he threw a fit like my autistic 9 y/o cause my uncle and me didn't get home until 2:20 am. He ended up leaving early the next morning and the wife came to fetch me this yesterday and decided she wanted to stay over. Left three of the four kids home and just brought the John up. Was a good weekend all & all.

Alex 11 Autistic-Seizure Disorder-Shawn 10 -Brendin 7-John- 6 Autistic/ADD
Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Cleaner upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Well, yesterday was a bust but today I took 5yo Joey down to PNC Park on Kids' Sunday to watch the Pirates ...
Next weekend I'm shooting for a day at the Children's Museum for a day of art making (both kids like to do crafts) or just Joey for a trip to the Carnegie Science Center for an iMax movie and games in the sports zone. We'll see...
That's a nice trip. Pittsburgh has a ton of cool places to go. That's one thing Detroit seriously lacks. The wife and I spent New Years in Pittsburgh back in college; not sure how we even decided to go. Saw the aviary, science museum (awesome train diorama!), the Carnegie art/natural history museum, poked around the college tower, and even found time to have dinner at the the train station. That's prolly more activity than we hit around here in a year.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Trophy Husband

Wife comes home tomorrow after being away for the week. Saturday morning she is taking the 2 kids to hang with family in PA. Christmas shopping kickoff for them. Have fun with that. I am playing in a charity golf tourney on Sunday. Weather looks dicey at best. No friggen Hockey Night in Canada!! Frack me!! Hoping to get in 9 holes on Saturday too.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Karate tournament on Sunday! Dylan's 3rd, Audrey's first! And she insists on sparring in competition. She has never really sparred before. Nothing's cuter than watching 6 year old girls spar for the first time.

"The world is full of guys. Don't be a guy; be a man."

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it."

"Don't think, it can only hurt the ball club."
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Super Duper Daddy

My wife's is coming home from a week-long trip as well and my mother is going back home. We have no school for the kids today and take a trip to the airport this morning to make the exchange. She's taking a redeye with two layovers so I imagine she'll be worthless today. Once she's back I feel like Joey's due some one on one time with me tomorrow but the weather is supposed to suck. He wants Chuck E Cheeze but I'd rather take him to a movie or the Carnegie Science Center. If the weather were nicer I'd be pushing for a trip to Altoona to go to the Railroad Museum and take a ride one a train to see the fall foliage.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Wife comes home tomorrow after being away for the week. Saturday morning she is taking the 2 kids to hang with family in PA. Christmas shopping kickoff for them. Have fun with that. I am playing in a charity golf tourney on Sunday. Weather looks dicey at best. No friggen Hockey Night in Canada!! Frack me!! Hoping to get in 9 holes on Saturday too.
King of Prussia?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:24 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
King of Prussia?
Wife's office is there across from the mall.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Huh?

Hoping to squeeze some time into some lighting experiments with the camera. I'm really getting into this photography thing but all I've had time to shoot lately is soccer games. I do have 3 parents wanting to buy photo discs off of me though after showing them some shots of their kids in action.