Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 12:05 AM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy
Default One More Time...

Well

I finally stopped making excuses and started working hard to lose weight. I really ballooned up the past 2 years with all the SH*T going on in my life...

10/22/09 Was D-Day! Weighed in at ummmm... 278! OUCH!

Bought a NEW digital scale since our old one was a POS. Since then I have dropped 99% of the Beer and Soda... I am back to cooking light and healthy and have dropped 10.6 pounds since then. Need to get down to 220 so 48 more to go... I have already planned a few days I KNOW I will eat too much and will have to exercise like crazy before hand...

• Thanksgiving
  • December Pizza Night. (Friend comes back in town... Group of us gets together and eats at a great local PIZZA place.

Other then that I am good on the eating parties until Summer...

Exercise

After recovering from being sick I started back running. I am running 3 times a week doing intervals while I get used to running. Plan to do a 5K in the Spring.

EA Sports Active 3 times a week...

I know the week after I get my nose fixed I will hardly be eating since the pain meds make me sick... I lose 10-15 the weeks following any operation.

So Lets Try This One More Time!

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 12:07 AM
"Not Willsdad"

Good luck man. That's a big number. Make it that other number and you'll feel alot better.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Official Site Hatemonger

I'll sit here in my slovenly lethargy to give you encouragement.

"If any of you need anything at all, too bad. Deal with your problems yourselves like adults." Ron Swanson
Old 11-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Trophy Husband

Good luck Darth. Try to fit in more exercise. As for eating right, the holidays are upon us. When a party or a dinner out is scheduled I just try to make it up earlier in the day by eating less and maybe working out a bit more if time is available. You still have to keep it sensible. And if you want a beer make sure to make it a light beer. Diet is deprivation. If you take away everything you really like I think you will have a harder time sticking with it. It does not have to be an "all or nothing" deal. Slow and steady. Keep us posted.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:57 PM
It's beer:30!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Good luck Darth. Try to fit in more exercise.
+1. In my opinion and experience, 3 days a week just doesnt cut it. 5 days a week for a solid hour, results will come quickly.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
+1. In my opinion and experience, 3 days a week just doesnt cut it. 5 days a week for a solid hour, results will come quickly.
Amen to that. Always a struggle for sure but never give up tiring!!!!
Josh-- 3/07

My Blog
Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

Exercise will end up being 6 days a week... 3 Running, 3 working out...

I CAN NOT run more then every other day. Arthritic feet would be in bad shape.

As I lose more I will be able to exercise more... Come spring I will be Riding, Running and Working Out....

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Good luck Darth. Try to fit in more exercise. As for eating right, the holidays are upon us. When a party or a dinner out is scheduled I just try to make it up earlier in the day by eating less and maybe working out a bit more if time is available. You still have to keep it sensible. And if you want a beer make sure to make it a light beer. Diet is deprivation. If you take away everything you really like I think you will have a harder time sticking with it. It does not have to be an "all or nothing" deal. Slow and steady. Keep us posted.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you here. If I am going to blow a diet or eating trend on a beer it better be a darn good beer. The only light beer that comes close is Sam Light. Gonna blow it? Blow it good on one beer.

Good luck Darth. I just recently added weights to my running. Soreness is sometimes fun, sometimes not.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:33 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Yeah I am not going to go without everything. I actually had a Beer last weekend. I have to agree with tt3 and say if I am going to drink a beer it better be good... Some 312 in the fridge and a little Octoberfest... I have also been a COKE fanatic so I allow myself one on occasion. I actually prefer a 12 oz Coke mixed with a 12 oz Soda Water. So I get 24 ounces of soda for the calories of a 12 ounce... But rather then a couple Cokes a day and a few beers on the weekend I have maybe one of each a week...

I did good avoiding my favorite take out last week and only make pizza here at home. Nothing like Zucchini and Spinach to make a pizza lower cal and more filling.

And Cubfan devoting 5 hours a week to exercise is setting myself up for failure. My schedule hardly allow for me to get 30 minutes in a day 3 days a week running and 30 minutes 3 days a week working out. Currently I have 30 minutes MWF running and next week I start Tues, Thurs Sat Working out...

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Getting into the habit is always the hardest part for me. The winter is a good time to start a workout program as come spring we can look trim and mean..
Josh-- 3/07

My Blog