Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I am not but I know I Am

Default The Month of August -

I am trying a few new things this month with the hopes of getting a beachbody build and some ab appearance.

I am very active and lift weights, swim, bike, run, and play lots of tennis so I am overall healthy and in good shape. While I have focused on other areas of my body I have neglected the abs -

I am using a Weight Watchers scale for all of my weekly results. I am adding AB work 5 days a week. My only goal for the month of August is to decrease my body fat % and to obtain visible ab's. While BF reduction is the goal I think that 5 lbs off would be nice as well. I will be changing my weight lifting rountine to a "strength based work out plan in a circuit fashion" to get "ripped". I will also increase miles in the pool, on the bike, and in my running shoes.

1st Monday: 160.9 pounds with 18.4 BF% (I want this below 14%)

Day 1 work out. Completed a shoulder circuit and burned 327 calories in 43 minutes. Followed that up with 20 minute tread mill work out for 253 calories burned.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:33 PM
I am not but I know I Am

By the way - I dont want go at this alone - I didnt start this thread to watch my progress (doing that elsewhere).

I hoped that some of you might jump on board and take a 30 day challenge as well.

Day 2 - I like fastballs in life and have learned to deal with them. I do not like curve balls but today I hit the curve ball thrown my way to the fence (not sure if it is a homerun yet) - I just got back from a 20.5ish mile back ride and burned 884 calories in 1:26. Now, I have to figure out how to get to the gym for a bicep/tricep workout.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Just glad to be here

Good luck with it. Summers are so hard for me to get into any kind of routine. When the boy starts preK this fall, I'll be hitting the gym while he's at school, 3x/week...on the days that I'm not at the donut shop, that is.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:17 AM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Sadie being 3months old, then I can take her to the gym and get back into it. Until then? Well, I haven't weighed myself in three months but I can feel it. I couldn't even jog a mile last time I tried.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Wiper of Noses

Yeah, I started the 30 day challenge about 300 days ago when my doctor saw my cholesterol reading. I've lost 13 pounds since then. Cholesterol is now normal. I hope to lose another 5 pounds and decrease my body fat % more (gain muscle). I'm pretty much on track but I am struggling to get the right food intake. Plus, when I get tired, I hit the fast food drive thrus and that is never good.

Yeah, taking the kids to a kid friendly gym has been good for all of us. My health is better and they like to play and see other kids.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Official Site Hatemonger

The wife and I have been walking five miles per day, every day, for the past few months. Additionally we have changed how we eat. It's not a diet, because we eat whatever we want, whenever we want, as much as we want. We have changed what we eat to the point that get nauseus when we eat fast food, etc. It's all low fat and relatively healthy stuff, no soft drinks, etc.

I've lost 16 pounds and the wife has lost 18. My goal is 190, I'm at 211 right now.

"If any of you need anything at all, too bad. Deal with your problems yourselves like adults." Ron Swanson
Old 08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I am not but I know I Am

Day 3 - My bicep/tricep/ab workout helped me to burn 360 calories and I followed that up with a 22min tread mill work out for another 305 calories burned.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Beach Daddy

Have been running 3.5-5 miles at least 3 days a week most of the summer. Trying to do ab work and push ups after the runs but not always easy with the 2 girls. Would like to do more but the gym is out of the question right now.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Super Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Sadie being 3months old, then I can take her to the gym and get back into it. Until then? Well, I haven't weighed myself in three months but I can feel it. I couldn't even jog a mile last time I tried.
This. I hear some guys gain "sympathy weight" during pregnancies but for me it has been the opposite - once Tyler was born I stopped doing any exercise and meals became more frantic - wife works a lot of afternoons/nights so I found myself eating erratically and not well - I've put on about 10 pounds since birth and feel like a big pile of crap.

Once we get back from vacation I am going to look into the local Y to see what childcare facilities they might have...
Old 08-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

I'm getting exhausted just viewing thread! Gotta be a caloric count for that. How do you find the time? You are gonna say you don't find it, you make it.

Wife did not gain a pound when preggers. I did! Like 40 pounds!
I jogged 3 miles a day (not alot, I know).
I was on the single mans diet. (malnutrition) when we met, a year ago.
I had a 28 inch waist.
Now I got a 34 inch waist, my belly is flat when I suck it in.
I quit smoking a few months back, a 30 year habit.
Wifey says I look better now. Said I looked sick and frail at 140 pounds.
5ft 9, medium build 190.
I like to walk the neighborhood with the kid in the stroller , but heat and mosquitos are a factor.

Good luck guys!