Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Regional Dad Gatherings
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Electriclime's Avatar
Electriclime Electriclime is offline
Cleaner upper
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Romeo, MI
Posts: 3,279
Smile Fall 2011 Dadstock

Don threw out the idea of an East Coast Dadstock this Fall so I figured why not start a thread and see who is interested in a gathering and possible locations.

I'd offer up for a Michigan Dadstock, but there's not much room in my condo and the neighbors would be pissed to find a bunch of drunk SAHDs camping on the lawn

So what say you? Who's interested in a little gathering and where? If nobody can host it, maybe we can find a good vacation spot to converge upon.
__________________
Grocery Getting Speed Freak
Wagon Pilot Adventures Family and Travel Blog
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 AM
woodchuck's Avatar
woodchuck woodchuck is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: here
Posts: 6,631
Default

Did someone say dadstock?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2011, 11:53 AM
57plymouth's Avatar
57plymouth 57plymouth is offline
Official Site Hatemonger
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Living Vicariously Through Myself
Posts: 2,950
Default

Did it even happen in 2010? I offered to host Dadstock South. I will be glad to host Dadstock South, but it's pretty hot now. Some of you Northernererers will not take kindly to the weather until October-ish.
__________________
The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe with our conscious selves arose through chance seems to me the chief argument for the existence of God. Charles Darwin

"If any of you need anything at all, too bad. Deal with your problems yourselves like adults." Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Neodaddy's Avatar
Neodaddy Neodaddy is offline
Canadad
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way up North
Posts: 3,187
Send a message via MSN to Neodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Neodaddy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57plymouth View Post
Did it even happen in 2010? I offered to host Dadstock South. I will be glad to host Dadstock South, but it's pretty hot now. Some of you Northernererers will not take kindly to the weather until October-ish.
Isn't it snowing then?
__________________
David 12/05, Nick 02/08

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2011, 12:14 PM
57plymouth's Avatar
57plymouth 57plymouth is offline
Official Site Hatemonger
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Living Vicariously Through Myself
Posts: 2,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodaddy View Post
Isn't it snowing then?
Uh, no.
__________________
The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe with our conscious selves arose through chance seems to me the chief argument for the existence of God. Charles Darwin

"If any of you need anything at all, too bad. Deal with your problems yourselves like adults." Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
CTDon's Avatar
CTDon CTDon is offline
SAHD to RN
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Klugeville
Posts: 7,791
Default

shit...didn't see this when I posted over "there".

Fall would work better for me, and am game for just about anything....except this "blowing of the ass" that WC posted about.
__________________
I am constantly asking myself "What Would Hockeyfan Do?"
Well, now I know:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-21-2011, 04:58 PM
taoistfrog's Avatar
taoistfrog taoistfrog is offline
Clueless, but charming...
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sandpoint, Idaho
Posts: 640
Default

I wanna go, I wanna go! Fall works good for me, just say when and where, I'll be there.

My fambly has 170 acres of mountaintop in Wayne County, PA, Mogwai knows the area, it's kinda in the sticks, but on the bright side, it's kinda in the sticks. There's a hunting cabin, electricity, water, toilets, a urinal, shooting range and plenty o' cots for sleeping, not to mention lotsa room to pitch tents. It'd be a challenge to organize, but ees doable. Interested?

Coincidentally, it's only a short drive from Yasgar's farm, site of the original Woodstock. We used to buy hay for our horses from Old Man Yasgar, I've been in his barn. FWIW

Last edited by taoistfrog; 06-21-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Coincidence escaped me...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:07 PM
CTDon's Avatar
CTDon CTDon is offline
SAHD to RN
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Klugeville
Posts: 7,791
Default

Does a frog shit in the woods??

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoistfrog View Post
My fambly has 170 acres of mountaintop in Wayne County, PA, Mogwai knows the area, it's kinda in the sticks, but on the bright side, it's kinda in the sticks. There's a hunting cabin, electricity, water, toilets, a urinal, shooting range and plenty o' cots for sleeping, not to mention lotsa room to pitch tents. It'd be a challenge to organize, but ees doable. Interested?
__________________
I am constantly asking myself "What Would Hockeyfan Do?"
Well, now I know:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:10 PM
taoistfrog's Avatar
taoistfrog taoistfrog is offline
Clueless, but charming...
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sandpoint, Idaho
Posts: 640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDon View Post
Does a frog shit in the woods??
Is the Pope's ass watertight?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Captain Tuttle's Avatar
Captain Tuttle Captain Tuttle is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Main Line
Posts: 9,513
Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoistfrog View Post
I wanna go, I wanna go! Fall works good for me, just say when and where, I'll be there.

My fambly has 170 acres of mountaintop in Wayne County, PA, Mogwai knows the area, it's kinda in the sticks, but on the bright side, it's kinda in the sticks. There's a hunting cabin, electricity, water, toilets, a urinal, shooting range and plenty o' cots for sleeping, not to mention lotsa room to pitch tents. It'd be a challenge to organize, but ees doable. Interested?

Coincidentally, it's only a short drive from Yasgar's farm, site of the original Woodstock. We used to buy hay for our horses from Old Man Yasgar, I've been in his barn. FWIW
Very interested!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.