Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Super Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthemachine View Post

Morning all ,,little girl was in the ER getting breathing treatments and an IV last night ,her oxygen levels were down to 91% ...Fun times ,,just glad the wife is off today .

Just went thrust that last fall with the 3 yr old. Keep an eye on her, of course.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Just Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
So your dream of moving is coming to a reality but has a 5 figure price tag? How's the HVAC in the house? The two usually go together. I know this from experience. Check the hot water heater too. They're designed to only last 10 years.
The HVAC is about 10-12 years old. I've already done a few repairs/upgrades on the blower and the power exhaust flue and had the unit checked out. All good. I replaced the HW heater about 3 years back, so its good. What sucks is the stupid thing developed a gas leak in the valve as opposed to a water leak from a corroded tank. Weird.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 03-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Very fortunate

Thanks guys, She's home now and doing better,still got the nasty seal bark cough though
Old 03-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

We've been down that road a couple times, too feed. Glad she's doing better. If she had a neb of albuterol and got really twitchy ask for xopenex, does the same thing without the twitch.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Good morning, guys.

Wife and I are both sick with head colds so I decided to try an experiment with regards to sleeping arrangements. I'm approaching the issue with Justin's early mornings with the premise that I am part of the problem. I know that even on the best of days I snore and that he is a light sleeper. So I turned off the TV around 11:30pm & opted to sleep on the couch with the baby monitor on.

Long story short, he didn't get up until 5:45 which was just a couple of minutes after my wife left for work and the paper carrier came by. By then I had come upstairs to our bedroom with the other monitor on. I laid in bed with the lights off and he quietly got out of bed, came out of his room and peeked in. Then he closed the door and quietly wandered downstairs.

I slipped out if bed and sat at the top of the steps and just listened. He was still quiet and stayed that way for I'd say probably 10 minutes before he heard me at the top of the top of the steps and came to investigate. I said nothing to him and made not other sound than to blow my nose. Eventually, he came back upstairs and went back in his room. He's been in there quietly ever since. No fuss, hopefully no muss.

The idea is that maybe I need to ease up on him. He still bears watching but my thinking is that he's smarter than we give him credit for and that a lot of his disruptive behaviors area just reactions to our own behavior. I just get the feeling that he clues in our anxiety and it bothers him. I notice that he acts out of frustration when pushed or denied when working with the therapist and wondered if it was just the stress caused by being pushed around or led around or whatever.

We'll see. So far, still no thumps or bumps up there as I sit directly below his bedroom. It's almost time to start the day.
This is awesome, made my day

I'm up at 4:30 AM every day, the quarry is a basket case, was really let go by previous management. Lots to do but the good thing is that the stone is nice and easy to handle, really nice stuff. Also the owner and (75 year old) founder of the company lives down the road, he comes in every morning; "HIM: Now this is your quarry Darren and you run it how you like but this material should really be run through the plant and I think we could get some good stuff on the ground. ME: No problem John, we'll take care of it."

It's good to be on the old man's side though. Job is good, long hours but I've got tons of resources to pull from. Feels better than I thought it would to be back in this business.

Anyway, I stop by here nearly every day to read up, can't dump this place, good people here.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:22 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Anyway, I stop by here nearly every day to read up, can't dump this place, good people here.
Post one of your classic video responses every so often Capt.!

Glad the transition to the other side is going well. Cheers!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:00 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Post one of your classic video responses every so often Capt.!

Glad the transition to the other side is going well. Cheers!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:26 AM
SAHD to RN

Yeah, like that.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 03-28-2014, 02:10 AM
Very fortunate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDon View Post
Yeah, like that.
,Awesome!
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3