Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #101  
Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Kwak's Avatar
Kwak Kwak is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Off the deep end
Posts: 10,112
Default

Wow. Losing 55 pounds is certaintly an act of dedication. I'd love to drop about 30 pounds if I could and get back under 175. I got down to that by going on Atkins but I'd never do that again.

BTW, Twocubs, you got me feeling all inadequate now. I'm at 202 right now and consider myself to be in the worst shape I've ever been in my life. In high school I was 145. Looking back I'm nearly twice the person I was.
__________________
Married to Kelly, 6/19/1999
SAHD since August, 2004
Father to Justin, 2/27/2004
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-09-2013, 02:42 PM
stayathomedaddad stayathomedaddad is offline
Daddy
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Wow. Losing 55 pounds is certaintly an act of dedication. I'd love to drop about 30 pounds if I could and get back under 175. I got down to that by going on Atkins but I'd never do that again.

BTW, Twocubs, you got me feeling all inadequate now. I'm at 202 right now and consider myself to be in the worst shape I've ever been in my life. In high school I was 145. Looking back I'm nearly twice the person I was.
My wife said I went overboard losing the weight, but I had my mind set to do it. I weighed around 140 when I graduated. Never thought I would ever weigh 200.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Kwak's Avatar
Kwak Kwak is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Off the deep end
Posts: 10,112
Default

LOL, I thought I told you to stop listening to your wife? I've told mine if she didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. That's just me being diplomatic in front of the kids though.

Anyway, one thing that always worked for me was cutting out carbs. I could never give up the barley and hops though. That's like my personal little brown trophy at the end of a marathon day.

Exercise, too. Biking was always my thing but kids changed that and even though both of mine are now, in school all day it's about to be hard to do because of the weather. I'm wondering how much a decent set of cross country skis would set me back?
__________________
Married to Kelly, 6/19/1999
SAHD since August, 2004
Father to Justin, 2/27/2004
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-09-2013, 02:59 PM
stayathomedaddad stayathomedaddad is offline
Daddy
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 141
Default

Yes you did, and I am doing better.
Was curious about the cross country skis because I do not know anything about them. On Ebay there is a package deal for $139.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Captain Tuttle's Avatar
Captain Tuttle Captain Tuttle is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Main Line
Posts: 9,542
Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
LOL, I thought I told you to stop listening to your wife? I've told mine if she didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. That's just me being diplomatic in front of the kids though.

Anyway, one thing that always worked for me was cutting out carbs. I could never give up the barley and hops though. That's like my personal little brown trophy at the end of a marathon day.

Exercise, too. Biking was always my thing but kids changed that and even though both of mine are now, in school all day it's about to be hard to do because of the weather. I'm wondering how much a decent set of cross country skis would set me back?
Yep, I cut out beer in June and have dropped 30 pounds without batting an eye. I was drinking alot though.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Mark B.'s Avatar
Mark B. Mark B. is offline
Trophy Husband
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Connecticant
Posts: 16,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Yep, I cut out beer in June and have dropped 30 pounds without batting an eye. I was drinking alot though.
Nobody likes a quitter!

Capt., did you give up suds and replace it with a different drug of choice?

BTW, how small are some of you guys? 145lbs?! I have not weighed that since middle school. My best adult weight was 185-190 when I in my late 20's. I am now at 215.
__________________
Sent From My PC or My 4G Droid With Best In Breed Voice Recognition Software!

Last edited by Mark B.; 09-09-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Captain Tuttle's Avatar
Captain Tuttle Captain Tuttle is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Main Line
Posts: 9,542
Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Nobody likes a quitter!

Capt., did you give up suds and replace it with a different drug of choice?

BTW, how small are some of you guys? 145lbs?! I have not weighed that since middle school. My best adult weight was 185-190 when I in my late 20's. I am now at 215.
This stuff


I've always drank alot though.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Mark B.'s Avatar
Mark B. Mark B. is offline
Trophy Husband
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Connecticant
Posts: 16,919
Default

Straight up? You are a better man than me. The reason I asked was because I know a few people who bagged beer and switched to booze or wine thinking it would be better weight wise for them and things got worse.

That Vintage seltzer has a lot of good fruit flavors too. Mandarin is my favorite. Very thirst quenching.
__________________
Sent From My PC or My 4G Droid With Best In Breed Voice Recognition Software!
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Captain Tuttle's Avatar
Captain Tuttle Captain Tuttle is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Main Line
Posts: 9,542
Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Straight up? You are a better man than me. The reason I asked was because I know a few people who bagged beer and switched to booze or wine thinking it would be better weight wise for them and things got worse.

That Vintage seltzer has a lot of good fruit flavors too. Mandarin is my favorite. Very thirst quenching.
Mandarin was all I used to drink but I started (years ago) getting a club soda when I went to dinner or whatever and really enjoyed it. Ended buying the plain when they were out of what I liked and loved it. It's kind of like coffee, once you get used to it black milk and sugar ruins it (at least for me, I've never had much of a sweet tooth)
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
feedthemachine's Avatar
feedthemachine feedthemachine is offline
Very fortunate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Treasure Lake PA
Posts: 4,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Nobody likes a quitter!

Capt., did you give up suds and replace it with a different drug of choice?

BTW, how small are some of you guys? 145lbs?! I have not weighed that since middle school. My best adult weight was 185-190 when I in my late 20's. I am now at 215.

I know right,i'm 235 ATM and don't consider myself out of shape,,even though i just tore my knee up

Last edited by feedthemachine; 09-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.