Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Wow. Losing 55 pounds is certaintly an act of dedication. I'd love to drop about 30 pounds if I could and get back under 175. I got down to that by going on Atkins but I'd never do that again.

BTW, Twocubs, you got me feeling all inadequate now. I'm at 202 right now and consider myself to be in the worst shape I've ever been in my life. In high school I was 145. Looking back I'm nearly twice the person I was.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 09-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Wow. Losing 55 pounds is certaintly an act of dedication. I'd love to drop about 30 pounds if I could and get back under 175. I got down to that by going on Atkins but I'd never do that again.

BTW, Twocubs, you got me feeling all inadequate now. I'm at 202 right now and consider myself to be in the worst shape I've ever been in my life. In high school I was 145. Looking back I'm nearly twice the person I was.
My wife said I went overboard losing the weight, but I had my mind set to do it. I weighed around 140 when I graduated. Never thought I would ever weigh 200.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Super Duper Daddy

LOL, I thought I told you to stop listening to your wife? I've told mine if she didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. That's just me being diplomatic in front of the kids though.

Anyway, one thing that always worked for me was cutting out carbs. I could never give up the barley and hops though. That's like my personal little brown trophy at the end of a marathon day.

Exercise, too. Biking was always my thing but kids changed that and even though both of mine are now, in school all day it's about to be hard to do because of the weather. I'm wondering how much a decent set of cross country skis would set me back?
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 09-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Daddy

Yes you did, and I am doing better.
Was curious about the cross country skis because I do not know anything about them. On Ebay there is a package deal for $139.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
LOL, I thought I told you to stop listening to your wife? I've told mine if she didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. That's just me being diplomatic in front of the kids though.

Anyway, one thing that always worked for me was cutting out carbs. I could never give up the barley and hops though. That's like my personal little brown trophy at the end of a marathon day.

Exercise, too. Biking was always my thing but kids changed that and even though both of mine are now, in school all day it's about to be hard to do because of the weather. I'm wondering how much a decent set of cross country skis would set me back?
Yep, I cut out beer in June and have dropped 30 pounds without batting an eye. I was drinking alot though.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Yep, I cut out beer in June and have dropped 30 pounds without batting an eye. I was drinking alot though.
Nobody likes a quitter!

Capt., did you give up suds and replace it with a different drug of choice?

BTW, how small are some of you guys? 145lbs?! I have not weighed that since middle school. My best adult weight was 185-190 when I in my late 20's. I am now at 215.

Last edited by Mark B.; 09-09-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Nobody likes a quitter!

BTW, how small are some of you guys? 145lbs?! I have not weighed that since middle school. My best adult weight was 185-190 when I in my late 20's. I am now at 215.
This stuff

I've always drank alot though.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Trophy Husband

Straight up? You are a better man than me. The reason I asked was because I know a few people who bagged beer and switched to booze or wine thinking it would be better weight wise for them and things got worse.

That Vintage seltzer has a lot of good fruit flavors too. Mandarin is my favorite. Very thirst quenching.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Straight up? You are a better man than me. The reason I asked was because I know a few people who bagged beer and switched to booze or wine thinking it would be better weight wise for them and things got worse.

That Vintage seltzer has a lot of good fruit flavors too. Mandarin is my favorite. Very thirst quenching.
Mandarin was all I used to drink but I started (years ago) getting a club soda when I went to dinner or whatever and really enjoyed it. Ended buying the plain when they were out of what I liked and loved it. It's kind of like coffee, once you get used to it black milk and sugar ruins it (at least for me, I've never had much of a sweet tooth)
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Very fortunate

Quote:
Nobody likes a quitter!

I know right,i'm 235 ATM and don't consider myself out of shape,,even though i just tore my knee up

Last edited by feedthemachine; 09-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.