Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
Nothing, nada, zilch. And I am proud of myself for it.
Are you a bachelor already?

I did another wave of blowing leaves.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:17 AM
Beach Daddy

Sorry I missed this. Yeah that was from my "bachelor" weekend. Honestly it took most of thursday to remember that I could be lazy. It hit me when it was time to get the girls off the bus and I didn't have to. Back to real life sunday morning (had to get the house cleaned and presentable).
Old 12-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Trophy Husband

What did I do today you ask? After having cleaned most of my gutters 3 weeks ago we had a very windy storm overnight about 2 weeks ago and the gutter needed attention again. UHG! I only deal with the ones I can get to on the lower part of the roof and leave the second story ones alone for the most part. My neighbor had a gutter cleaning team of 2 at her house. I asked him to do mine. He gave me a ballpark price. Some of the gutters are 2.5 stories high due the house being built into a hill. All said and done the guy came in near the low end of his quote. He said If I pay cash he would take less. I did not have enough cash on me so he said he would pick it up tomorrow. Winning! Reputable company too. Licensed and insured. I plan to never do the gutters again.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Diaper Jockey

We've been the walking dead over here since late October. Started with the 1 year old getting sick and having another febrile seizure. Then the 4 year old got sick, home from school for a couple of days - fever, vomiting, etc. Then I got sick with a cold on November 9 - turned into bronchitis which I am still battling. Not long after I got sick, the little guy got sick again. Arghhhh!!!!

Anyway, finally starting to feel better so I went ape on the house, cleaning and sanitizing floors, bathrooms, washing everyone's bedding, wiping down door knobs, etc. So when the wife gets home I expect a BIG............"Why didn't you do this, that, the other thing.....we still need to...............!!!!!"

You're welcome, Honey!
Old 12-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Put up the new lights in the garage that we bought two months ago and have just been sitting in boxes ever since. Before all our garage had was one tiny bare bulb in the back corner. Finally have great lighting over my work bench and across the rest of the garage as well. It's nice to flip a switch and be able to see clearly in there. No more reaching for my flashlight the second I needed to find something.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:01 AM
Just Dad

Installed a new dryer vent. It's something that I've been meaning to do since we moved-in, but has gotten pushed-aside and forgotten. For some inexplicable reason, the original vent was cut through the floor into the crawl space, squeezed between a joist and the garage foundation wall, transitioned through three different types of flexible venting, and finally vented from the crawl space through the adjacent outside wall a mere 4 inches off the ground.

My new vent just goes straight out the outside wall that the dryer is on. The vent is about three feet long now instead of fifteen plus.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 05-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Finally changed the water filter for the hot water heater. One of those things that just keeps slipping my mind because there are always a dozen other "pressing" things to get done. I really need to make my phone beep at me periodically to remind me to replace it again in the future.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

https://youtu.be/5WzFyaXzk0c

Last edited by Captain Tuttle; 05-11-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
What happens to areas like that when you are done?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:58 PM
Trophy Husband

Dropped the kids off at school, Primed the gym area I am working on in the basement, mowed, edged the lawn, food shopping, watched a guy install a brand new windshield in the 05 'Stang, put the office together again after another painter touched up the trim work, a load of wash, picked up my son's Jeep from the repair shop (he broke the retainer clip in the 4WD stick yesterday showing his buddy how he puts it into 4WD. FAIL!) and ferried the kids around after school/ practice.