Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Believe In Blue!

If you listen to some of our local forecasters, we're all going to die. We may get up to a foot of snow. Yes, a whole foot of snow. Water will freeze, things will turn white, and we as a civilization will be unable to function. A modern civilization brought to its knees by a foot of frozen water.

Pray for Skippy.

Rachel (Dec '03)
Alexa (Sep '05)
Phil (Nov '09)
Old 02-12-2007, 06:02 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

The snow has started here....

I posted a video at my blog... 14 Seconds of SNOW...

http://amanamongmommies.blogspot.com/

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
rug_nz

Oh man I want to see snow.

Its going to get up to 24deg c today.
Get lots of washing done, lucky me.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Always Irritated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
If you listen to some of our local forecasters, we're all going to die. We may get up to a foot of snow. Yes, a whole foot of snow. Water will freeze, things will turn white, and we as a civilization will be unable to function. A modern civilization brought to its knees by a foot of frozen water.

Pray for Skippy.
it's pretty funny though, locally they are getting all wound up for this foot of snow, then they always shoot to parts of NY
Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Daddy

Cabin fever is setting in bouncer

It’s been snowing almost constantly for a week now. We had a little freezing rain last Tuesday morning then the snow set in. Probably a foot and half by now I think. Fortunately it hasn’t been really bite ass cold; a tolerable -18C over night, -10C through the day. I’m just sick of shoveling. I’ve been doing the front sidewalk three to four times a day.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Super Daddy

Speaking of snow, my brother just dug up the slide show about the that hit Buffalo. Brought back lots of memories...
Old 02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Always Irritated

geesh the media just tries to add drama to crap, we have maybe 4" on the ground and the local news is "staying on", not cutting to the today show, so they can cover the "blizzard of 2007" :roll: we're only supposed to get like 8-12", that's a blizzard? there should be more specific definitions so the media can't grab a word and use it to hype a situation up.... I hate the news....
Old 02-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sao95 View Post
geesh the media just tries to add drama to crap, we have maybe 4" on the ground and the local news is "staying on", not cutting to the today show, so they can cover the "blizzard of 2007" :roll: we're only supposed to get like 8-12", that's a blizzard? there should be more specific definitions so the media can't grab a word and use it to hype a situation up.... I hate the news....
It is the 25-35 mile per hour winds that are suppose to set in a little later this morning that they are really concerned with. Get that snow really whipping around and it will be blizzard conditions for sure.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Super Duper Daddy

We are suppose to be getting it all here today. Up to 12 inches of snow after the sleet and freezing rain stop.

Going to make it real fun once this stops and the city gets out and plows. They will end up scraping the snow off right down to the ice.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Always Irritated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
It is the 25-35 mile per hour winds that are suppose to set in a little later this morning that they are really concerned with. Get that snow really whipping around and it will be blizzard conditions for sure.
guess I should check answers.com before I post

Quote:
blizzard - A violent snowstorm with winds blowing at a minimum speed of 35 miles (56 kilometers) per hour and visibility of less than one-quarter mile (400 meters) for three hours.
geesh, I totally feel cheated about how a blizzard is defined :(

blizzard, should say, - A snow storm in which snow accumulation is greater than 8', power lines fail, small poorly built structures collapse, peoples bodies freeze solid is less than a minute when exposed, all the people who carry "the world is ending" signs add a "now" at the bottom, chaos ensues