Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Super Duper Daddy

I'd give a case of good whiskey for a Bobcat right now.
Josh-- 3/07

My Blog
Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 AM
It's too quiet!

I'd give $20 to some ambitious teenagers. But there are none to be found.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Always Irritated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffus View Post
Need snow blower. Big snow blower. Ugh ugh ugh!
driving through our neighborhood I was amazed at how many people had snowblowers, and I live in a poor damn neighborhood, crazy.

I'd take a case of whiskey, I'd honestly go around shoveling drives for cash, but can't with a kiddo, money is money though, which leads me to a long joke....

a woman and her husband are walking through the county fair and the husband spots a sign that reads "helicopter rides $50", he turns to his wife and says "I'm 60 years old and I've always wanted to take a ride in a helicopter", his wife says just a little bitchy "fifty bucks is fifty bucks", so they continue walking through the fair and he makes his way back to the helicopter rides and says with a longing voice "I've rode in lots of planes in the military, been on trains and ships, but never a helicopter", his wife replies "fifty bucks is fifty bucks and I ain't payin fifty bucks for something that isn't tangible", so back they go around the fair and after a bit they once again come around to the helicopter ride again, "I'd really like to ride in one just once", "fifty bucks is fifty bucks and times are tight", the pilot, overhearing their ongoing conversation, walked up to them just a bit disgusted, "look I'll take ya up for a quick ride for free, but neither of you can say a word, if either of you talk you have to pay the $50, the husband and wife agree and hop aboard, the pilot takes them for a 20 minute ride, does every trick he can trying to scare a sound out of them and gets nothing, when he lands he turns around and asks a bit surprised "what happened to your wife?" "she fell out 10 minutes ago", "why didn't you say something?" "fifty bucks is fifty bucks".
Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 AM
Just glad to be here

You guys down south of here might actually get more snow than us this year -- but probably not. Quit yer bitching. Shoveling snow is good for you. When I was young, we had to shovel snow barefoot, uphill, both ways.....

Went out to the sledding hill again tonight, where it was a balmy 10'. My wife's company rented the place out for employees and their families. Had dinner, hot cocoa, and free sledding. Nice time.

Our kids did great this time and had a blast. Ironically, my son didn't get a scratch or bump all night, zipping down a hill a dozen times at 35 mph, but then he tumbles down a few steps when we get home and gets a mouth full of blood. Just a fat lip, but the wife and I were laughing about it afterward.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:24 AM
It's too quiet!

Please don't tell me the hill has lights...
Old 02-09-2010, 03:27 AM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

Snowing...

A few inches expected tonight and 6 more+ expected tomorrow... around 10" expected overall.

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Just glad to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffus View Post
Please don't tell me the hill has lights...
Of course it does. I'm telling you -- this group went all out on this thing. It's loads of fun, and very comfortable. If it makes you feel any better the 'warming hut' is just a big pole barn with concrete floors, rickety tables, and rusty chairs.

What? You don't go sledding at night down there? It's a big thing up this way.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Cleaner upper

Woohoo! We're finally getting some 'real' snow in Detroit tomorrow! By some bizarre twist of the weather patterns we have missed every single storm that has worked its way across the Midwest to the East! We're 50 inches short of last year's total (only 21 so far) It's depressing looking at the dead grass all day
Old 02-09-2010, 01:37 PM
It's beer:30!

Got a few inches of snow last night, and still coming down. Perfect actually. Tuesday mornings are our biggest chunk of free time. And they need to get out and burn some energy. Grab a shovel boys!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Certified Shit remover

9 to 11 inches expected in our part of joisey, could be more down by Jeffus they are expected 12"-15" in some spots. Alex's school has already been canceled for Wednesday.

Alex 11 Autistic-Seizure Disorder-Shawn 10 -Brendin 7-John- 6 Autistic/ADD