Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Paracord Bracelets. Made in the USA!

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > New to Site - Just Saying Hello
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Fertile Daddy

Default Welcome Dad4Life

Welcome to Dadstayshome.com...

We are all new except for the original Don. Make yourself at home and chime in anytime! :D

I saw your profile. What church do you go to?
Isobel-11 yrs
Emma-9 yrs
Meghan-7 yrs
Laraine- 5 yrs
Alexandra- 3 yrs
Jacob- 1 yr
Old 05-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Daddy

Send a message via MSN to SAHF

Welcome!!

I am "the Other Don"

Old 05-28-2004, 02:48 AM
Super Nice Dad

Default Welcome!

SAHF is the bad, bad Don, hehehe, just kidding Welcome Dad4Life and introduce yourself. No one bites except for Remington :D

HockeySave.com | Realtree Paracord | Hockey Shop | Tennis Ball Machines
Old 05-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Fertile Daddy

Chomp chomp!

I don't bite too hard anyway.
Isobel-11 yrs
Emma-9 yrs
Meghan-7 yrs
Laraine- 5 yrs
Alexandra- 3 yrs
Jacob- 1 yr
Old 05-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Dad4Life

Quote:
I saw your profile. What church do you go to?
We attend a small local Baptist Church.

Will visit often, but must get sleep now. I work 3rd shift and need some rest before the kids get home.

PS -- Thanks for the kind welcome. Keep up the great work, gents.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Fertile Daddy

Oh man... I did the 3rd shift thing for 3 years. I know how you feel my friend. Keep your spirits up.

I attend a Baptist church here in Bangor, but I have been slacking lately. My wife works every day of the week and gets every 3rd Sunday off so if I go to church I have to bring all 3 of my kids ages 4, 2, and 10 months by myself. The church we attend is small and does not offer a place for kids to go to.

I have brought them all before by myself but if my oldest has to go pee... then I have to bring all 3 with me to the bathroom. Or if the 10 month old poops then I have to bring all 3 to the bathroom to change her.

I can't concentrate on the message and others get distracted. So I sort of stopped going for now and haven't been back in about a month!
Isobel-11 yrs
Emma-9 yrs
Meghan-7 yrs
Laraine- 5 yrs
Alexandra- 3 yrs
Jacob- 1 yr
Old 05-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Dad4Life

Yeah, church is very challenging for me. I work Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun nights. I'm off the rest of the week though. So I don't get much sleep if we go to church on Sundays. But I think it's important that my kids are there, even if I end up nodding through half of the service, lol.... But there are weekends where we don't make it. You just do the best you can some days.

I don't mind 3rd shift. Been doing it for over a year now. I don't get a lot of rest over the weekend, but I make up for it during the week. Only working 3-4 nights is the big thing. I couldn't do it 5 nights/week. But the best thing about this p/t job is it enables us to keep me at home with the kids. We're in a very good situation and I don't take that for granted.

PS -- thanks for the kind welcome!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

I understand that not being able to concentrate. We're Catholic (don't hold it against us :o ) and there is a "crying room" at our church but people make a bee line for it with their kids, whether or not they are acting up. So instead of teaching the kids they need to listen and settle down, it becomes an hour long playtime. When Tara gets fussy or antsy and we go in, ya can't calm her down because there are 10 kids already screaming and playing.
*sigh*
The church is being remodled at the moment, so our services are held in the gym next door. Much nicer, if we need to one of us takes her out to the hall and walks off a little steam before we return...
hey, just thought I'd add
Old 05-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Fertile Daddy

I wasn't going to mention this but I guess I will....

My wife wouldn't go with me to church because of the kids and I was the one that told her even if we don't hear the message it is important for the kids to get used to and familiar with going to church. That there is nothing they can do or act a certain way that will keep us from going to church.

So I would go each week, and then my pastor met me out in the parking lot and told me that if my 10 month old decides to gab like she did that I needed to take her out of the room. That is understandable but the way he said it was real rude and disrespectful to me and my family and made me feel guilty. I try not to hold it against him and it is not his fault I have 3 kids, and he is trying to spread the word of God but the way it came across made me feel awful so I have decided to think about where I am going to church and what is the wisest decision.

I say forgive him, and I have, but I also want to respect his position and I don't want to bring the kids unless there is a place they can go.

Thanks for listening... :D
Isobel-11 yrs
Emma-9 yrs
Meghan-7 yrs
Laraine- 5 yrs
Alexandra- 3 yrs
Jacob- 1 yr
Old 05-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Dad4Life

Remington, your pastor should be excited about having young kids 'gabbing' in the church. I'd be quick to forgive him, but I would also be quick to point out to him (if he ever said anything like that again) that maybe you should find a church that appreciates the fact that kids are even in church at all as opposed to questioning their behavior on occasion.