Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Daddy Deals
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Nice Dad

Default Papa Johns

If you order pizza from Papa Johns, order it online, it is cheaper. Papa Johns left our area a few years ago, closed down all 9 shops. Recently they opened a new shop and we figured we give them a try, again. We looked on their website and took down the number to call on our way home from the in-laws. They had an advertised special of $9.99 for an extra large pizza. But when you call to place an order, that price is only good with online orders. $15.49 if you order by phone, wtf is that all about.

HockeySave.com
Old 01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
"Not Willsdad"

What a jip. I have done tha Papa Johns online ordering about 4 times. Works great. Pay when they come. Don't know if it was cheaper, but by the sounds of it..it must have been. Good to know. Not sure if I get PJs where I live now though. We have New York Pizza close and it's pretty good.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Super Nice Dad

I usually stay away from the chain pizza joints. We have so many mom and pop places around here. Too bad everyone and their sister thinks opening a pizza shop is the golden ticket. I see more open and close the same year, you think someone would be doing better market research.

We do occasionally hit Little Caesars just for the convenience, $5.00 hot and ready large pizza, the one near us even has a drive thru.

HockeySave.com
Old 01-17-2007, 09:08 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

The only way I will eat major chain Pizza is if it is given to me FREE!!! Parties and the lot. PJ's Dominos, Pizza Hut... not something I like to pay for...

There are way too many GOOD places around here to even consider it. I would rather spend the few extra bucks and get a pizza that is 10 x better.
Lunch today was from a Minor Chain... ROSAITIS... One right here.. They do Pizza by the Slice for $2.80 after tax!!! DOUBLE DOUGH! Mmmmmm The pizza slice is HUGE!!!! Wednesday is my Pizza Day. I ride a bunch and eat a little better the rest of the day. Keeps me from going diet crazy!

Thanks for the info... I will pass it along to a few people I konw...

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Heck Darth, living in the CHicago area you would need your head examined for even thinking Pizza Hut, etc.

I am originally from Lansing, IL and even though we moved downstate when I was little (about 6 yrs old) I still remember all the fabulous pizza joints within 30 min drive of the house. To this day the taste of really what pizza should taste like is still based on what I had as a tyke.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:38 AM
MaleasDaddy

we use to have a papa j's but sadly it closed
Old 04-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Custom User Title

We like Papa John's order online, too. We pay online w/tip so they always get here in about 20 minutes.

For better pie we go out and eat at one of the many delicious pizza joints here in Austin. The best ones are the joints owned by New Yorkers or Chicagoans(?). Even the best Texan place trained to cook in NY before they opened the doors.

YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO MAKE A DAMN FINE PIZZA! I'm not a big fan of the gourmet California style pies. :eew: No offense to any West Coasters, just give it up and stick to making veggie wraps. :vom: