Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Playgroups > Local Dad Chat - Meet Ups > Indianapolis Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Always Irritated

Default Indianapolis dads

I just felt left out with chicago having a thread, besides Indy and I any other Indianapolis dads around here still?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:51 PM
newdad101

Default Indianapolis Dads???

I'm a very new SAHD as of Jan 2nd and I feel very lost in my new position. I have a 9 month old son, he is our first. I'm also very new to this website and still finding my way around. Any advice for a Dad who is "lost in translation"? I haven't found too many Indianapolis Dads on this site, are there any out there, especially on the north side maybe the Fishers area?

Thanks for any help!!

New Dad
Old 01-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Always Irritated

there have been several check in over the last few years, a few from Brownsburg, Indy (Indy being the nickname of a regular around here) is around Fishers, also been a few on the southside.
Oh and welcome to the site
Old 01-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Trophy Husband

New dad101,

Welcome. Sounds like you are right on schedule with trying to hit your stride and all. Most of us have been there and done that. Hang in there. It will take some time but it will happen.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 PM
newdad101

Default Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement; I feel I'm really going to need it. It's so tough getting into a routine. In my first two weeks I'm finding it very hard to talk with Moms and get their advice and it's not because of me, they seem very stand offish and not really wanting to associate. Did you guys experience this problem at all? I realize it’s still early and I'm only basing this off two experiences.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Always Irritated

It takes awhile to feel comfortable in your own shoes so to speak and the role you've taken on, I think sometimes the mom's sense this and don't really know what it is but they know something is odd, and of course some sahm's are just bitches it takes time, patience, and a lot of times in the case of sahm's and their clicks, persistence.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdad101 View Post
In my first two weeks I'm finding it very hard to talk with Moms and get their advice and it's not because of me,
It depends on the setting. It's tough to get advice from people that don't know you.

For basic childcare advice, with multiple perspectives, this site is comprehensive:

http://www.babycenter.com/
Old 01-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Dr. Goldfoot

Hey, I haven't been on this board for awhile. I'm in Indy. NE side to be exact. I have two boys 3 & 1.5. You'll get the hang of it newdad. I actually used to be in a playgroup with SAHM's. It was weird because they didn't want to talk about important things like how the IRL is really pulling away from Cart, that Bobby "Slick" Leonard not being in the Hall of Fame is asinine, despite losing great linebacker after great linebacker Polian always seems to find a way to plug the holes, how hot Selma Blair is, AC/DC:great band or simply a great riff used over and over? , why PBR is both cost effective and relatively decent when enjoyed in bottle form.

Maybe the Indy guys should have a get together some day? There's tons of free or relatively cheap stuff to do in this city.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Twin Hearder

I live on the north west side, near michigan and 86th. My two girls were born in october of 07' so they are almost 6 months old as of this post. I'm a very aggressive recreational cook, and have some training in bulk food prep, baking and candy making. I don't drink, on the principal of I don't enjoy it... and for something I dont enjoy its way to expensive, But that makes me an ideal designated driver chugchug:\\:D/

I love building/making just about anything, so if you have a project that involves knocking down walls, building .. well anything, or taking apart a car, Count me in! I wont promise to be knowledgeable on all those things, just interested.

-Tony