Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Playgroups > Local Dad Chat - Meet Ups > Connecticut Area Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2008, 09:14 PM
MikeJee

Default I'd like to meet some of you guys

Wow does that Jump Zone place look fun for kids! Too bad my little guy is way young for that type of stuff still. I'd imagine a 20 month old would certainly get stomped on by some 3+ year olds.

I would like to meet up with a few of you guys at someone's house like in the pictures I saw by CTDad. Just shoot the breeze and stuff. If we had like 5 people or so we could play some Poker which could be a blast. Just like 10 or 20 bucks a game or something, nothing major.

So yeah, I rarely leave the house for anything having to do with fun for myself. If you guys are having a little Dad's only get together hit me up sometime I'd definitely try my best to be there and I really don't care how far I'd have to drive.

Lemme know

Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM
SAHD to RN

Hey Mike -

We have another gathering at Jeffb's house this summer, July 26th weekend, down in Fairfield County, CT. Here is the link:

http://dadstayshome.com/dads/showthread.php?t=7270

There is also the OFFICIAL dadstock out in Wisconsin, June 28th weekend. I'll be flying out for that one. Stretch went last year, maybe he'll go again!

That thread is http://dadstayshome.com/dads/showthread.php?t=7100

As far as just getting together as a small group, you're just about halfway between Stretch & I. If you have any great (big, fenced in maybe) playgrounds in the area we can let the kids run rampant and hang out.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 03-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Dowdy Kitchen Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJee View Post
If we had like 5 people or so we could play some Poker which could be a blast. Just like 10 or 20 bucks a game or something, nothing major.
Yeah, that would have been a more attractive offer if you hadn't already told us you had a profitable sideline playing online! :D
Old 03-26-2008, 09:34 PM
MikeJee

This house we rent has a football field size yard that's not fenced in and there's nothing really to do except run, run, then run some more....so I guess here is no good. Yeah, Sturbridge is pretty deadsville for kids unfortunately.

I was thinking about a just a guys' night IN where we sit around, talk about the joys and hurdles of being a SAHD, and play lots of poker while I watch you guys drink beer since these damn Oxy's won't let me. lol

Hey it's alright, whatever happens or doesn't happen.....

Just letting you guys know I'm friendly and willing to hang out anytime anywhere to discuss life in general with other men in my situation.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:37 PM
MikeJee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch View Post
Yeah, that would have been a more attractive offer if you hadn't already told us you had a profitable sideline playing online! :D
Ha HA! That's pretty funny you caught that! Actually the truth is I'm very very good at cash games but I never play tournaments because I suck at them. So tournaments it would be!

Hey there we go, plan a meetup at Foxwoods sometime and do whatever there.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:38 PM
SAHD to RN

I don't play poker, but I'd be happy to hang out and let you watch me drink beer!

If you like live music, you ever check out that new(er) joint in Southbridge,: the ADC, or Mill St. Brewery?

I go there every so often, as they can get decent bands.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 03-26-2008, 09:47 PM
MikeJee

Haven't heard of it. Between my poor health and not being able to drink anymore I don't even bother going out anymore. Wouldn't be much fun being the DD every time.

Rock n' roll used to be my life but not today....I just play tons of cards and sit around this house thinking about the good times I've had and the new good times I'm having which is my awesome family. Ahh, but I did however see The Police in CT last summer which was mind-blowing, what a f-in show! It was at Wrenchler Field or however it's spelled. You were probably there.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJee View Post
If we had like 5 people or so we could play some Poker which could be a blast. Just like 10 or 20 bucks a game or something, nothing major.

...and I really don't care how far I'd have to drive.
I'll play some poker with you if you want to drive to Texas! :-k
Old 03-27-2008, 12:25 AM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

I am trying to get a bunch of you East Coasters to pile in a van and drive out here for DADSTOCK.... Would be a BLAST!!!

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:45 AM
madmax61107

Man, it's feeling pretty lonely all out here in CO. Figures...used to live on East Coast now out here, oh well. Any SAHD's out here?