Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008, 10:16 PM
It's beer:30!

f*cking morons! OK, this pizza is already a free-bee cuz they screwed up the last order. So when I place the order tonight the guy said "30 minutes" In the back of my head it didn't sound right, it's usually an hour. So after an hour goes by I call and it's sitting there on the counter waiting for pick-up!! Guess who's getting another free f'n pizza!!! How f'n hard is it to take down an order. It's the best pizza in the area but they always f*ck it up!

ok I feel better now. Still hungry though....
Old 04-25-2008, 10:20 PM
DillyDaddy

We had originally intended to use our stimulus check to help with our move this coming summer but we have a break on that, in that we are moving into a house owned by my father in law. I hate doing business with family like that, but he's giving us a steal on rent. SO THANK YOU DADDY!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Super Duper Daddy

THunder crashing, lightning striking, tornadao warnings all around us,....and what are we doing.......ooohhhing and ahhhhing about the baby asparagus that tastes like sugar snow snap peas.
Now, just to prove we have a life, we're going to the big city and getting groceries on a friday night. There. See. The woodchucks do leave the stead.......once a week.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy

The kids are both doing better respectively with potty habits, the boy is telling us when he needs to poop, so that's good, and the girl is having fewer accidents, still too many though.
No return on the varmint, spent some time yesterday repairing the hole from a wall A/C in a more permanent fashion, plywood/tarpaper/flashing/similar siding/extra nails, just needs caulking next time I have a tube open. Remaining is to fill the wall cavity with insulation and cover the interior with plywood, then drywall again.

Today I'll start a small exterior job, remove the plastic shutters from some second story windows, while its too cold to get stung/bitten/surprised by likely inhabitants of that cavity behind the shutters. In the search for through-damage in the wooden siding, this is a necessary step, then repair as needed, but proximity to wasps while that high up on a ladder is no fun, so these long days with cold temps makes for good conditions for me.
Also on the window arena, two need new trim, 5" wide x 5/4, very expensive to buy, so I'm going with lumber I already have, and plane to size. I'll have to repair whatever I uncover, then tarpaper and put fully primed new trim in, caulk, paint. Then, the exterior wood-frame storm/screen units, rotted bottom sills, so they settled in the opening, leaving a gap at the top, lots of things can get in if the interior sash is open.

It's projects like this, that can quickly get out of hand moneywise, but with a variety of firewood/logs, and with the handplanes, saws, chisels I've collected over time, I can fabricate what I need, another way of stretching the dough.

While typing, the wife called me into the kitchen, spotted some baby rabbits in a garden, so I snuck up on them and took some close pics, I'll post them later.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Super Duper Daddy

The shutters came off quick, but what was underneath nearly gave me a heartastroke.

The windows project, coming along, didn't uncover anything too frightening, after all, the house is over 100 yrs old, so far I'm working with materials on hand, so this is very inexpenxive, and its rewarding work. I've been taking pics of the todays workings, if anyones interested I'll post them.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
The shutters came off quick, but what was underneath nearly gave me a heartastroke.

The windows project, coming along, didn't uncover anything too frightening, after all, the house is over 100 yrs old, so far I'm working with materials on hand, so this is very inexpenxive, and its rewarding work. I've been taking pics of the todays workings, if anyones interested I'll post them.
Thats the best kind. Most projects I tear into end up with at least three trips to the hardware store. That must be a downside to living within ten minutes of four different stores. Less planning?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Well, the old body ran out of steam while planing boards down, but where I tore stuff off and fixed, its now protected by tarpaper, and the planer was struggling more than it should have, so the cutters are probably dull.
Todays list: wash the kids bedding(pee), general cleaning of the house, take the girl for class and check the city log-dump-lot, change blades on the planer and finish sizing wood, prepare for a small electrical job at someones house in town(dryer receptacle). Bring in more firewood, enough for the next few days anyway.

Last edited by woodchuck; 04-28-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Career SAHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
I've been taking pics of the todays workings, if anyones interested I'll post them.
Dad projects are always interesting, post away!

I really don't keep track of scores, but the 6 yr. old soccer team I'm coaching kept it's perfect record yesterday. You can tell without counting when it just seems like the ball's in the other end more. Even with the other team having one of 3 players on the field just sitting down, looking at the grass the whole game, they still outdid us. But hey, all the team showed up and had fun, that's all that matters.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:56 PM
What? Why? Why? What?

just my luck!

Driving home from Lake George yesteday I got into an accident. Everyone is ok. Everyone is OK. The girls did great. just minor (hopefully) bumber and side panel damage. A lot better then it could have been!!

Hopefully our insurance won't go up to much.

After a gret week with the wife off I was able to get everything mulched. The fence rails replaced. I still have to replace two sections and install two gates. I'm hoping that will be easy to do, but with how rocky the soil is, I'm not holding my breathe.

Can we all sing "Rain, Rain, go away"? However, we certainly need it....

My wife signed up for her conference, so Dadstock NE is a definant. I'm hoping that we get a large crowd. I sitll have to determine what we're going to do for the menu, but that will depend on how many people we get.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Dowdy Kitchen Man

Sorry about the fender bender.

PS: Post crash, your Dadstock signature now links instead to TT3s exploration of his political beliefs. Which may or may not have the desired effect. ;)