Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

On the lamb for 11 days, now.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
On the lamb for 11 days, now.
It's become a non story. I am starting to think that the broad was a rube and was only plan B as a getaway.

I am not sure what will be found first. These two convicts or that missing Airliner. Remember that?
Old 06-17-2015, 04:35 AM
Career SAHD

Oldest has his first job now, other than the work he's done for me in the past. Pretty cool to see him come home with his Co. shirt and name tag. He's working for a dept. store. Good experience to see how much you bring home at $8.40/hr., working part time Of course they don't want him at full time, teens don't need benefits anyway.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

That will help him realize he doesn't want to be there the rest of his life, too. ;)
Old 06-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Just Dad

Yeah, it sure will. My first jobs were at restaurants. I realized that I never wanted to work in food service again, and that I needed to work on my grades to accomplish that little goal.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Career SAHD

Exactly. If you're going to spend the kind of money it takes for college now, you damn well better appreciate it more than I did.

And while oldest was at work last night, youngest and I went mountain biking. He didn't even complain about the literally close to 100 mosquito bites he got when his dad forgot the bug spray. Actually enjoyed it! (the ride, not the bites :D)

One thing that's kind of neat about an older kid fading away from home, as mush as you hate to see him go, is the younger one(s) may have lived in their shadow a bit get to shine more. It was so nice to not have a kid 3 years older, and of course stronger, showing him up.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Career SAHD

Got 35 miles on the bikes with my wife and another friend before 8 AM this morning. Not bad for a couple of mid 50's old folk. Course our friend who's I think in his upper 60's kicked our butts. There's hope for old age.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Wow, Riggs! There's hope for me yet then; I'm 45 and the trails are flat. My biggest obstacle is getting out of the house! 35 miles before 8am though? Jeez. It takes me 4 hours to cover that sort of distance. Did you head out at sunrise?
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 06-22-2015, 04:17 AM
Career SAHD

Definitely hope for you, haha. Yeah, left about 5 AM, first light. It was on road bikes though, ever tried one? Amazing the distance you can cover compared to a fat tire bike. Mine's nothing special, 25 years old, but decent. Built for speed, pretty fun.

And today did some mountain biking, still prefer that. Way up in the mountains too, great views, wildflowers, the works. Oldest son was working today, but my wife and youngest came, nice day up there.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:18 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
Definitely hope for you, haha. Yeah, left about 5 AM, first light. It was on road bikes though, ever tried one? Amazing the distance you can cover compared to a fat tire bike. Mine's nothing special, 25 years old, but decent. Built for speed, pretty fun.

And today did some mountain biking, still prefer that. Way up in the mountains too, great views, wildflowers, the works. Oldest son was working today, but my wife and youngest came, nice day up there.
There are guys who road bike around here. Older fellas too by the look of them. They're crazy IMO though; the streets are too congested and the roads in PA in general suck maintenance-wise. Apart from joggers with their iPods turned up too high to hear you calling to pass them I'll stick with the converted rail lines in the area, thank you.

As for my bike, it's a Trek that started out as a hardtail mountain bike but when it came time for new tires I opted to replace the nubby ones with tires meant for a hybrid. I bought it 13 years ago when I had money to burn and was my first nice bike. Before that I was busting my hump on those heavy Huffeys.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007