Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Other than the parade of colds, ours brought home all sorts of interesting new phrases when he went to pre-K. Most came and went, but the one phrase that stuck with him... "What the Holy heck!"
Old 09-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Yeah, preschool is snot school as far as I'm concerned. The real fun begins when they get on that school bus for the first full day of 1st grade IMO.

BTW, I got the first call from the school principal regarding Joey's behavior and an "incident" on the bus. God only knows what the heck happened but Joey has had a real temper and an attitude problem lately with us so I know it can't be good. I made the call but the principal was out of the office. I'm dreading the return call.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 09-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Kindergarten here is full day, picked up by the bus and all that. So from 8am when he gets on the bus until 4pm when he gets off the bus I only have to deal with one child. It's nice.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:45 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Treated myself to a frosty from Wendy's today. What's with the straw. Ain't no way I can suck that up In a straw and NOT hurt myself.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Perhaps we need a "Good Afternoon" and/or a "Goodnight" thread(s) where we talk about techniques or plans that we have for after school to keep things on an even keel or things we do after the kids go to bed.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 09-20-2015, 05:31 PM
Super Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
Other than the parade of colds, ours brought home all sorts of interesting new phrases when he went to pre-K. Most came and went, but the one phrase that stuck with him... "What the Holy heck!"

Yep. That's us now.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Super Daddy

My ALS "cellmate" Les passed away peacefully last week after two years of enduring ALS.

He was worried that he would pass before the birth of his first granddaughter, yet he was able to have her on his lap a week or so before he passed. He was ecstatic.

He and I met thru the ALS group. We shared the same sense of humor and attitude. We could tell each other things that we didn't want to tell our already overburdened wives.

Jen and I went to his celebration of life at his church today. It was amazing. Les planned out most of the event himself with all his favorite songs.
There was a beautiful 20ish-year-old girl who was probably as good a singer I have ever seen, accompanied by only an acoustic guitar player, she sang "Give me Jesus". Everyone loved Les. She broke down crying halfway through the song. A lone Pallbearer quietly began where she left off and the entire church joined in. I'm still overcome with emotion thinking about it.

He was a UPS driver, so there were at least 20 fellow drivers there in UPS uniform and a ups truck out front of the church. It was really cool.

May we all cherish our moments enjoying loved ones and friends.

Bless us all.

Tomcat
Old 09-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Dude, I'm tearing up thinking of it.

... I hope beyond hope that when I leave this earth I can have a decent turn out. When my dad passed, hundreds showed up for his funeral even though there was a snow storm. My brother had even more, they were lined up around the halls and out the doors for his visitation.

Fucking mortality. :(
Old 09-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Trophy Husband

Sounded like a very nice tribute to your friend Tomcat.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Beach Daddy

Dropping back in. Been active reading but not posting. Transitioning back into the world of teaching. I was able to land a part time gig which is a perfect ease back in. Our high schools are block scheduling and kids have an A and a B day. I am teaching 2 classes on A days (the last 2 blocks of the day) which means I don't have to be at work until 9 and I am every other day. Pretty great schedule.
On top of that we rented a beach house for the winter in an area that we are looking to buy to try out the commute, adds about 15 minutes. Sits right on Back Bay and is 2 blocks from the beach. So on my off days I have been kayaking and fishing while the girls are in school.
Not sure how many of the guys on here stayed home once the kids got into school full time but it is a pretty awesome gig.
It is interesting to be a fly on the wall here as guys come in and out and others like me transition back into the work force.