Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

That had to smart, I'm also glad he is ok!

My day... Pretty big storm blew through last night about 1:30, no one woke from it but me. Crappy dreary day, little by way of rummage sales and a quick trip to the grocery store. Back here, got the groceries put away (here is where the mundane breaks) and go to take a leak when the door bell rings.
Its our realtor with a gift bag! She is an old family friend from my wifes side, and when she needed a crib for her grandkids we gave her our old one plus some crib sheets and bumpers and all that junk. Made space in our shed and made a new grandma happy.
Inside the bag?
mmmmm, yeah, 1.75 liters of Seagram's VO whiskey. I'm a fan of sour mash, but there's something really easy about the blended Canadian. On the rocks. A six count on the rocks to be exact.
At 11:30 in the morning. Hell yeah. Can't do this at a regular 9-5 job, now can ya boys?!?
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?
Old 05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Last nights storm shook the house like an earthquake, bad time to have my bedroom window open. LOUD. But the fragrance of cherry blossoms just starting to open was heavenly, the house smelled wonderful.

Very thoughtful of her tt.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 PM
It's too quiet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?
Amen Brother!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Spent a little time yesterday using a 4" angle grinder dismantling a free trailer, fairly rotted frame, the axle tube collapsed in the fall with a load of firewood on it at home, so its in need of attention.
I'll call the local steel/scrap yard to see what the salvage prices are, at the very least, I need a new section of 2x2 square tube to weld onto the stubs.

On the upside, the trailer came with two spare axles and an extra set of very heavy springs, I'll try to get one of the other axles to fit up to the frame, that and some new bolts for the spring mounting, a coupler/pin hitch, and I'll have a usable 6'x8' tilt-bed yard trailer.

The basic parts are fairly inexpensive to build a trailer, if you have a decent welder/skills, and cheap/free source of steel, it'd be fairly easy to build something nice. I could use one that will follow the sonoma or a car and handle about 1,000lbs, basically the riding mower and a little extra.

While I"m waiting for the farmer to till up my garden, there is a plethora of short projects that need doing, and some will make my life easier.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Super Daddy

Yesterday morning I had surgery to fix an umbilical hernia that was starting to cause me some problems. We had to be at the Surgery Center at 6:00 am, so my Mom came over to watch the children and get the boys ready for school/pre-school while my wife took me in. My father-in-law was already planning to take the boys to school, but we asked him to come by early in case the boys were making it difficult for my mom to get them ready.

The children were all wonderful. Ian dressed himself as soon as he got up. Tristan and even Morgan were completely cooperative as well, so Mom had everyone dressed and fed before my father-in-law showed up. My mom then got Ian to help her clean up both children's rooms before leaving for school!

I spent my weekend focused on getting the baseboards and quarter round down in my living room redo. I figured I can get back to work on it sooner if the first thing I have to do isn't to do a lot of hammering. I also spent Sunday cleaning my bathroom/side of the bedroom and study area because I tend to ignore them while trying to keep the rest of the house clean and I wanted them in good shape to lounge in. So as a result, the kitchen/living areas of the house were pretty messy because I did little to straigten them up.

After the boys were off, my mom cleaned the kitchen and the den. We were back by 9:30 and the house was in great shape! In four hours, my mom had managed to get the boys ready for school and cleaned 4 rooms - and did an excellent job in all of them. I was thrilled and also a bit embarrassed. Why can't I manage that??

I think I need to come up with an above average Mother's day gift idea by Sunday.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Super Duper Daddy

It rained today, so popcorn/movie, and todays movie selections are ' All about rain/sleet/snow ', ' All about stars ', All about the moon ', from a childrens earth science collection. We may, fit in ' Three Trees ', maybe.

Since I cleaned the whole house yesterday, during todays naptime I get to lounge around, watch the grass grow, mosquitos hatch, read some Garrison Keillor.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Despite the sunny yet cool weather today, I seemed to have the cleaning bug again, todays target, the sauna.
The benches are stacked high with boxes/bags of kids clothes/toys, ranging from baby stuff to 4yr old, it will be a large load to the Goodwill this weekend. Some items still on hangars, original tags, in original bubble packaging, etc...
The kids were stopping in while I was trying to sort and match stuff up, but really didn't get grabby or Iwanna, lucky this time, they have been behaving excellently so far.
The sauna typically is just for bulk toilet paper, and such, things that can come out easily if we want to relax in there. This house lacks closet space in a big way, I'll have to figure out a freestanding or builtin something or other.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM
SAHD to RN

I decided yesterday to take Ian to the circus today, since they're in town. I think he's in some serious need of one on one time, so it's just the boys going.

Supposedly they have a thing where you can get up close with the animals pre-show, so that should be fun. I'll report back later on this afternoon.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 12-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

bump

Not much going on.
Took Pippa 2 3/4 yr old to acrobat class. She was the only attendee. balance beam, ladder crawl, forward tumble and lots of running and giggling.
Took my sneakers back to the shoe store. Only had them 2 months and the rubber sole was separating on the toe. Swapped out with new pair without hassles. Had proof of purchase for cya.

Tied half a dozen pheasant nymph flies.

Pippa is on selective eating so I'm making sure she gets a vitamin.

Still encouraging potty usage. She gets the concept. She'll "go" a few times a day, but still does it in her pullup or sleep diaper.

What you been up to?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

I'm just shocked that CTDon never followed up on his trip to the circus