Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Super Duper Daddy

This seemed to be appropriate to put here since it's 'bout kids n'at. Yinz might need an interpreter for the Pittsburghese.

Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 03-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Trophy Husband

Heading out soon to get blood work drawn for my annual physical next week. I have not eaten in 13 hours. On the way back home I plan to stop at a local Italian Grinder joint and get the 8" chicken cutlet grinder with lettuce tomato and mayo. Mmmmmm!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Beach Daddy

Another day of unpacking boxes here. We had about half our stuff in storage for the last year and a half so now as I unpack it I am trying to remember why we kept it in the first place. Luckily we have lots of extra closet space in the spare bedrooms- they are quickly filling up with random craft things my wife wanted to do.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Yesterday was my first of several procedures at the dentist. You know it's not good when they have to divide your mouth up in to quadrants to spread the work out.

I like to think I'm being a cautionary tale to my kids of why you don't skip out on going to the dentist for a decade or so. Yeah yeah, I was really dumb and I'm paying for it now. Fortunately no root canals or extractions needed, so that's something.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Huh?

Good luck gduck.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Beach Daddy

Good luck. I hate going to the dentist. I go through stretches where I am really good and then don't go for a year or so.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Beach Daddy

Looking at buying a kayak. Any advice from someone that owns one? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money but also don't want a piece of junk.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
Looking at buying a kayak. Any advice from someone that owns one? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money but also don't want a piece of junk.
Kayaking is pretty popular around here. People are always trading up or giving up. Craigslist always has a good number of deals for Kayaks. After you dtermine what you want in one it might be a good idea to look there.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Just Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
Yesterday was my first of several procedures at the dentist. You know it's not good when they have to divide your mouth up in to quadrants to spread the work out.

I like to think I'm being a cautionary tale to my kids of why you don't skip out on going to the dentist for a decade or so. Yeah yeah, I was really dumb and I'm paying for it now. Fortunately no root canals or extractions needed, so that's something.
That was my experience last year. They developed a "plan" of 3 or 4 visits. I was pleasantly surprised that they used composite fillings. They looked at me as if I had said "leeches", when I asked if they were more expensive than metal amalgum. It seems that they no one around there had used metal fillings in the last decade, and wondered where I had been getting my dental work done at. So, I'm thinking, way to be a third world state, Oklahoma.

Anyway, no more cavity concealing metal on my teeth.

Good luck, Gduck.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar
Old 03-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
That was my experience last year. They developed a "plan" of 3 or 4 visits. I was pleasantly surprised that they used composite fillings. They looked at me as if I had said "leeches", when I asked if they were more expensive than metal amalgum. It seems that they no one around there had used metal fillings in the last decade, and wondered where I had been getting my dental work done at. So, I'm thinking, way to be a third world state, Oklahoma.

Anyway, no more cavity concealing metal on my teeth.

Good luck, Gduck.
Yeah, the composite stuff is pretty cool. They color match it with my teeth so that I don't have bright shiny white sections that stand out. Feels pretty close to the rest of the tooth too - just smoother. The first visit wasn't so bad. Even getting the shots in the mouth wasn't as painful as I remember them being. The drooling on yourself for the hour or two after the procedure is still pretty annoying though. But at the end of the day my teeth will all be in much better shape, I shouldn't have anymore issues as long as I keep taking care of them, and my wife will quit making jokes about my teeth.

Just ain't fun seeing the bill at the end of it though.