Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1511  
Old 03-22-2017, 11:44 AM
irie feeling's Avatar
irie feeling irie feeling is offline
Homeschooling soccer dad
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mount Pocono, Pa.
Posts: 6,476
Default

Was clearing the snow off the driveway with Princess Pippa yesterday, age 7 now, and she pointed out a pair of white headed birds.- (BALD EAGLES)in flight.

I know you you guys said they common. I'm 51 yrs old. I ain't never... Seen them in the wild. They were beautiful. We dropped our shovels and watched until they drifted out of sight.
I always lived closer to the polluted cities I reckon.

I hope I see more through this half of my lifetime.
__________________
My brainwaves are so strong, doctors study them.
Quando, omni, flunkus, moritadi.

Last edited by irie feeling; 03-22-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1512  
Old 03-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Mark B.'s Avatar
Mark B. Mark B. is offline
Trophy Husband
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Connecticant
Posts: 17,083
Default

They are majestic Irie. Saw one yesterday overhead. My FIL's Lake House in the Poconos has one that we see all the time. Pretty cool close up. He has buzzed the house a few times. Never gets old.
__________________
Sent From My PC or My 4G Droid With Best In Breed Voice Recognition Software!
Reply With Quote
  #1513  
Old 03-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Kwak's Avatar
Kwak Kwak is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Off the deep end
Posts: 10,258
Default

Do any of you guys gets massages semi-regularly? Years of sleeping in a kids bed or on a mattress on the floor has wrecked my back. I've talked with my wife about it and she mentioned Massage Envy having specials and whatnot. Have any of you guys ever gone there?
__________________
Married to Kelly, 6/19/1999
SAHD since August, 2004
Father to Justin, 2/27/2004
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Reply With Quote
  #1514  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 PM
tt3's Avatar
tt3 tt3 is offline
Beer me!
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MSP
Posts: 13,802
Send a message via Yahoo to tt3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
They are majestic Irie. Saw one yesterday overhead. My FIL's Lake House in the Poconos has one that we see all the time. Pretty cool close up. He has buzzed the house a few times. Never gets old.
...'til ya see them feasting on dead deer in ditches. :P

Nah, they're cool birds for sure.
__________________
Lord Anton Treml III
Reply With Quote
  #1515  
Old 03-23-2017, 03:59 AM
Kwak's Avatar
Kwak Kwak is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Off the deep end
Posts: 10,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
Was clearing the snow off the driveway with Princess Pippa yesterday, age 7 now, and she pointed out a pair of white headed birds.- (BALD EAGLES)in flight.

I know you you guys said they common. I'm 51 yrs old. I ain't never... Seen them in the wild. They were beautiful. We dropped our shovels and watched until they drifted out of sight.
I always lived closer to the polluted cities I reckon.

I hope I see more through this half of my lifetime.
That's cool. I never saw one in my neck of the woods, though there's supposedly several nests in the area - one being close to my favorite Tex Mex restaurant. Around here we just have lots of red tailed hawks. I've seen as many as a flock of 8 soaring on thermals high above or swooping close to my house.

I've never seen a bald eagle though.
__________________
Married to Kelly, 6/19/1999
SAHD since August, 2004
Father to Justin, 2/27/2004
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Reply With Quote
  #1516  
Old 03-23-2017, 12:17 PM
gduck's Avatar
gduck gduck is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 2,254
Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Do any of you guys gets massages semi-regularly? Years of sleeping in a kids bed or on a mattress on the floor has wrecked my back. I've talked with my wife about it and she mentioned Massage Envy having specials and whatnot. Have any of you guys ever gone there?
I've been thinking about it because I have a pretty bad back (mostly from fracturing my back and pelvis when I was 16). I've gone a couple times in the past and it certainly did help for a little bit, and I've wondered if I went more regularly if I'd see some longer lasting improvements.

Also just working with a physical therapist and stretches has helped make it more manageable.
Reply With Quote
  #1517  
Old 03-23-2017, 12:58 PM
irie feeling's Avatar
irie feeling irie feeling is offline
Homeschooling soccer dad
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mount Pocono, Pa.
Posts: 6,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
I've been thinking about it because I have a pretty bad back (mostly from fracturing my back and pelvis when I was 16). I've gone a couple times in the past and it certainly did help for a little bit, and I've wondered if I went more regularly if I'd see some longer lasting improvements.

Also just working with a physical therapist and stretches has helped make it more manageable.
Tokyo massage?
__________________
My brainwaves are so strong, doctors study them.
Quando, omni, flunkus, moritadi.
Reply With Quote
  #1518  
Old 03-23-2017, 01:11 PM
irie feeling's Avatar
irie feeling irie feeling is offline
Homeschooling soccer dad
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mount Pocono, Pa.
Posts: 6,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Do any of you guys gets massages semi-regularly? Years of sleeping in a kids bed or on a mattress on the floor has wrecked my back. I've talked with my wife about it and she mentioned Massage Envy having specials and whatnot. Have any of you guys ever gone there?
You got no Tokyo massage out that way?
__________________
My brainwaves are so strong, doctors study them.
Quando, omni, flunkus, moritadi.
Reply With Quote
  #1519  
Old 03-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Kwak's Avatar
Kwak Kwak is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Off the deep end
Posts: 10,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
Tokyo massage?
Uhhhhh... No. No weirdness like that. Also, there's no such thing as a happy ending.
__________________
Married to Kelly, 6/19/1999
SAHD since August, 2004
Father to Justin, 2/27/2004
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Reply With Quote
  #1520  
Old 03-27-2017, 05:32 PM
GBDad GBDad is offline
Diaper Jockey
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Titletown, USA
Posts: 399
Default

What's a fair price if you're selling a 9 year-old Frigidaire electric cooktop range? We're using our tax refund to upgrade/match our kitchen appliances. Our dishwasher went out a couple of years ago and while it's the same manufacturer, it's a different line. The wife wants one of those French door refrigerators with the bottom freezer drawer. So I said let's just go ahead and replace/match everything else to the dishwasher.

So over the weekend we ordered a new fridge, range (with double oven - my requirement), and over the range microwave. Keeping the old fridge in the garage for extra space - another reason she wanted a new/another fridge. We never have enough space, especially when family comes over for holidays - we're using coolers or keeping things in the garage if it's cold enough.

I was thinking $200 for the range (think it was $800 when we got it. a comparable one now is $1000). $50 for the microwave (comparable new one $300). $225 for both.

Fair? Ridiculous? Should I ask more?

We have a neighborhood message board that I'm going to post it to. I just know how these things go and I hate dealing with it. I say $200. You say $100. Okay, I'll meet you in the middle at $150. I think it's worth closer to $200-250. But I just want to get rid of it. Microwave I really don't care, but I'd like to get something for the range.

Here's a picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D...ew?usp=sharing

Good condition. Especially for almost 10 years old. We aren't hard on things.
__________________
"Baseball is a dull game only for those with dull minds."

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.