Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Was clearing the snow off the driveway with Princess Pippa yesterday, age 7 now, and she pointed out a pair of white headed birds.- (BALD EAGLES)in flight.

I know you you guys said they common. I'm 51 yrs old. I ain't never... Seen them in the wild. They were beautiful. We dropped our shovels and watched until they drifted out of sight.
I always lived closer to the polluted cities I reckon.

I hope I see more through this half of my lifetime.

Last edited by irie feeling; 03-22-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Trophy Husband

They are majestic Irie. Saw one yesterday overhead. My FIL's Lake House in the Poconos has one that we see all the time. Pretty cool close up. He has buzzed the house a few times. Never gets old.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Do any of you guys gets massages semi-regularly? Years of sleeping in a kids bed or on a mattress on the floor has wrecked my back. I've talked with my wife about it and she mentioned Massage Envy having specials and whatnot. Have any of you guys ever gone there?
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
They are majestic Irie. Saw one yesterday overhead. My FIL's Lake House in the Poconos has one that we see all the time. Pretty cool close up. He has buzzed the house a few times. Never gets old.
...'til ya see them feasting on dead deer in ditches. :P

Nah, they're cool birds for sure.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:59 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
Was clearing the snow off the driveway with Princess Pippa yesterday, age 7 now, and she pointed out a pair of white headed birds.- (BALD EAGLES)in flight.

I know you you guys said they common. I'm 51 yrs old. I ain't never... Seen them in the wild. They were beautiful. We dropped our shovels and watched until they drifted out of sight.
I always lived closer to the polluted cities I reckon.

I hope I see more through this half of my lifetime.
That's cool. I never saw one in my neck of the woods, though there's supposedly several nests in the area - one being close to my favorite Tex Mex restaurant. Around here we just have lots of red tailed hawks. I've seen as many as a flock of 8 soaring on thermals high above or swooping close to my house.

I've never seen a bald eagle though.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Do any of you guys gets massages semi-regularly? Years of sleeping in a kids bed or on a mattress on the floor has wrecked my back. I've talked with my wife about it and she mentioned Massage Envy having specials and whatnot. Have any of you guys ever gone there?
I've been thinking about it because I have a pretty bad back (mostly from fracturing my back and pelvis when I was 16). I've gone a couple times in the past and it certainly did help for a little bit, and I've wondered if I went more regularly if I'd see some longer lasting improvements.

Also just working with a physical therapist and stretches has helped make it more manageable.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
I've been thinking about it because I have a pretty bad back (mostly from fracturing my back and pelvis when I was 16). I've gone a couple times in the past and it certainly did help for a little bit, and I've wondered if I went more regularly if I'd see some longer lasting improvements.

Also just working with a physical therapist and stretches has helped make it more manageable.
Tokyo massage?
Old 03-23-2017, 01:11 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
You got no Tokyo massage out that way?
Old 03-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
Tokyo massage?
Uhhhhh... No. No weirdness like that. Also, there's no such thing as a happy ending.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:32 PM
Diaper Jockey

What's a fair price if you're selling a 9 year-old Frigidaire electric cooktop range? We're using our tax refund to upgrade/match our kitchen appliances. Our dishwasher went out a couple of years ago and while it's the same manufacturer, it's a different line. The wife wants one of those French door refrigerators with the bottom freezer drawer. So I said let's just go ahead and replace/match everything else to the dishwasher.

So over the weekend we ordered a new fridge, range (with double oven - my requirement), and over the range microwave. Keeping the old fridge in the garage for extra space - another reason she wanted a new/another fridge. We never have enough space, especially when family comes over for holidays - we're using coolers or keeping things in the garage if it's cold enough.

I was thinking $200 for the range (think it was $800 when we got it. a comparable one now is $1000). $50 for the microwave (comparable new one $300). $225 for both.

Fair? Ridiculous? Should I ask more?

We have a neighborhood message board that I'm going to post it to. I just know how these things go and I hate dealing with it. I say $200. You say $100. Okay, I'll meet you in the middle at $150. I think it's worth closer to $200-250. But I just want to get rid of it. Microwave I really don't care, but I'd like to get something for the range.

Here's a picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D...ew?usp=sharing

Good condition. Especially for almost 10 years old. We aren't hard on things.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith