Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Bonjour, err good morning.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Mark, thanks for the laugh! :D
Old 04-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
When United waves $1000 around take it, don't wait for the bouncers to come in and start removing people.
I'm torn on the whole United thing. It suck that they have to oversell flights, but all airlines do it, and have to. Margins for the airlines are razor thin and just a handful of passengers not showing up can make the difference between making or losing money on a flight. They asked for volunteers with their bribe and got 2. Then 2 were randomly selected by computer. Sucks if you're one of those people, but what are you going to do. Refuse to leave, cause a scene, and get your ass kicked by airport security, I guess.

As for the guy's argument that he was a doctor and had patients in the morning...okay...You're going to play that card, Mr. Important? Maybe I'm a teacher and have class in the morning. Maybe I just miss my kids. Maybe I work at McDonald's and people need their Egg McMuffins. Everyone's reason for not wanting to get bumped is valid in their own mind.

Not saying the guy deserved what he got but he had to have been being a dick. Witnesses say he even told the staff, "I'm calling my lawyer." If he would have just got up, sworn at the airline employees, and vowed never to fly United again he wouldn't have been knocked out and dragged off the plane. (And actually as he was struggling refusing to leave he fell and hit his head on an armrest. He wasn't cold-cocked by the security agents as is the popular belief.) Instead we have lawsuits, calls for boycotts in the U.S. and China, congressional investigations on the horizon, talk of charges being filed against the security agents, and I even read that hate crimes could be brought up because the guy was of Chinese descent.

What should have been a customer service complaint and 1 star Yelp rating has turned into an international fiasco.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 04-12-2017, 01:57 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

(It wasn't an overbooked flight was it? It was employees needing to get to another airport.)
As with EVERYTHING in the media, there has to be more to the story. Teach your kids not to be assholes and maybe our future will look up. :/
Old 04-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
(It wasn't an overbooked flight was it? It was employees needing to get to another airport.)
As with EVERYTHING in the media, there has to be more to the story. Teach your kids not to be assholes and maybe our future will look up. :/
True. But they had to know that in advance and didn't save 4 seats for those employees, believing that at least 4 people wouldn't show up, hence it was overbooked.

None the less. That is my point. The passenger was not totally innocent in this. Had any number of other people been selected they likely would have gotten pissed, said some choice words, and gotten off the plane. But cooler heads would prevail.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 04-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

^^
Take the $1000.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Been baking all morning, and I'll be baking in to the afternoon. Cub Scout bake sale the day before Easter. Of course it's a small pack and most of them will be gone on vacation for Easter (they have school off all next week) so there's going to be a lot of me having to sit around hawking baked goods on Saturday.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:33 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I've been painting high above just like in my Navy days:

For reference here's what I used to paint using a spray rig from a "suicide stand" lifted up by a forklift while wearing a safety harness and a respirator.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ast_combat.jpg

TBH a lot of my latest project has been done from ground level with use of a painter's pole but I still had to lug in the extendable ladder to tape and a folder ladder to do the catwalk because I'm just too f***ing fat to turn around up there without bumping my &**. Still, I'm patting myself on the back because as recently as 2 weeks ago there were still gaping holes in the wall from Justin.

Also, Justin's old room is just about done. The trim is up and the new carpeting is in. All that's left is to put in the baseboards, paint the trim and put hinges on the new closet door, then the new furniture comes next week.

Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007

Last edited by Kwak; 04-13-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Beach Daddy

Recovering from a week away at Spring Break. Daughter had a planned surgery last Tuesday and we spent a week in the hospital recovering. Got home Monday night and will keep her home from school for rest of this week. We are basically tied to the house because it's really hard on her to walk around much so I am trying to get as much housework done as I can and also entertaining her and working on some of her school work. My hats off to you guys that home-school.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Just Dad

I hope she recovers well, 757.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati