Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Allright, I only put in 1/2cup of beans, and its a new type of coffee for me too, 'breakfast blend', I have to say, its nice. I'll try one push on the button and see what a coarser grind is like. Ill let ya know. Thanks.

On another note, its so windy here, that the laundry is flying higher than the line, and the sheets were dry before I finished pinning the whole basket. Thats fast.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 PM
SAHD to RN

Wow Woody, that is quick!

I had a really proud moment at the playground today. We met up with a SAHM mom friend of ours and her kids. It was a big playground and pretty busy.

Well our SAHM friend was nursing her 7wk old on one side of the playground and I was on the other side playing with her other 2 kids, Ian, & Leah.

They were all inside one of those monkey bar dome things and I was running around the outside reaching my arms in various places and trying to 'get' them. Then they'd climb out, chase me around and tackle me. We were doing this for a good 15min.

Anyhoo, another mom next to our friend commented (not knowing we knew each other) saying how good it was to see a dad so interactive and jokingly said she wondered if I could be hired for parties.

That was really nice to hear.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 04-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Super Daddy

Send a message via MSN to troy00690

Comcast has been wondering around the yard for about 30 min trying to find the central cable outlet. He has looked around the area which has covered about 2 acres. 4 different houses. I really got hooked up with this transfer of services. Getting some movie channels free for 6 months 2nd digital box free 12 months. The whole transfer is costing me 23 dollars. I have Cable, net, and home phone. Can't wait till he is done.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Super Duper Daddy

The whole house smells like fresh ground coffee. Thought I'd open the windows and doors, my pillow was blown off the bed and out the door into the hallway. Did I mention its freakin windy here.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
It's beer:30!

Yeah it's windy. It's too bad too cuz it's a really nice day. I was just changing the oil in the garage and the wind took it sprayed it everywhere...
Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Super Daddy

Send a message via MSN to troy00690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
Yeah it's windy. It's too bad too cuz it's a really nice day. I was just changing the oil in the garage and the wind took it sprayed it everywhere...
Aw Walmart TLE memories. I was working lower bay and was changing the oil on a Dodge Deisel. They have the worst designed oil plugs. I was standing down wind and started to unscrew the plug. When the rush of oil came out the wind took in and blew it all over the front of me. I was covered in oil. I ended up buying new cloths to wear home.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Unbelievably gorgeous out, pinching 70, breezy and partly cloudy. I couldn't ever ask for a better day. We spent the morning at the park, came back for lunch, dropped Tara off at preschool and went back to the park, got Tara from school and now its nap time!
...and dog poop patrol time. :(
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 PM
madmax61107

Okay here's some weather for ya. Yesterday Denver Metro saw 78* and sunny skies, It was beautiful. Took the twins and dogs to the dog park, worked on my POS atv trying to get it ready for spring, pulled up a dead tree, had a blast working outdoors. Cut to today...right now it's 38*, winds blowing about 30knots, and it's freaking snowing sideways! Expecting 6-10 inches by Thur am.
What a difference 24 hours make...love Colorado!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Daddy

Location: Kensington , Maryland / But still having San Diego withdrawal damn it !!!

Well I shouldn't admit this but what the hell....I get the "dumb A$$" award today for sure. Last evening the wife was at work/school late and I went to run the dishwasher and no soap pellets left...damn. I was to lazy to go to the store that late and wanted the dishes clean. So what do I do, use regular dish soap in the dishwasher....well needless to say it looked like an episode of "I love Lucy"...Suds and bubbles pouring out of the dishwasher and going all over the kitchen floor...lol. All I could do is laugh and clean it up.

I did get it cleaned up before the wife got home and my little girl ratted me out when Mommie got home and told her "daddy was playing with bubbles in the kitchen today".......busted !!!...oh well the floor is really, really clean now.

Go Florida Gators !!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 PM
madmax61107

Don't feel bad Bunk, I've done the same. Actually have one better. When I was young and sowing my wild oats the girl I had over wanted to take a bubble bath together. She was hot and I panicked when I couldn't find anything to make bubbles. So I grabbed the laundry detergent and poured in the tub. We both got in, started to get busy, despite the grit up our asses, when our skin started to burn. She called me an idiot and ran out the door leaving me itchy, gritty, and hard. Don't try this at home.