Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Daddy

Location: Kensington , Maryland / But still having San Diego withdrawal damn it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax61107 View Post
Don't feel bad Bunk, I've done the same. Actually have one better. When I was young and sowing my wild oats the girl I had over wanted to take a bubble bath together. She was hot and I panicked when I couldn't find anything to make bubbles. So I grabbed the laundry detergent and poured in the tub. We both got in, started to get busy, despite the grit up our asses, when our skin started to burn. She called me an idiot and ran out the door leaving me itchy, gritty, and hard. Don't try this at home.
LMAO

Go Florida Gators !!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

That was funny! Probably painful, but funny!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Dowdy Kitchen Man

Mmmm, Pringles and beer, dinner of champions whose wives are away on business trips.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:11 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Two nice red oak logs in the truck, 8-1/2' x 24"dia, in a short box, was intent on a third, but weight placement was against me, would have been doing wheelies all the way home.
I'd have been fine with a long box, due to axle location, certainly wasn't the weight. I'll throw a pic up tomorrow.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

G-n-t, g-n-lemonade, g-n-allgone.
Great day here!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:36 AM
Super Duper Daddy

DADDY.....a kid....its a kid.

Yup, there was one of them being towed by a grandma, adn the kids spotted them, so impromptu playdate for over 1/2 hour, and more to come in the future.

Then another mom in the area stopped by, seems her high schoolers borrowed some firewood......heck, I didn't even know they were here, but mom was all for making restitution, so now there's some free babysitting coming our way. Her one son watched the kids a couple years ago, a good match at that time, good kids at heart, and good family. I'm thinking their wood must have been too wet for the purpose.

Stopped by a persons house that had kids toys out, and didn't even make it to the top step when the door opened, a young woman, a mom, answered and it soon became apparent that it was her youngsters naptime, so she wanted to intercept my ringing the doorbell. Well, after introductions and chit chat, we exchanged contact info, and may be getting the kids together for playdates.

It's been an interesting day to say the least.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Super Duper Daddy

We made a fire last night, the kids helped mom gather all the blowdown from the yard, so now that's cleaned up. Just as we were getting ready to head in, the rain started again, so there is still a water heater sized pile that didn't get burned. Now I can start on another clearing project along the driveway, lots of buckthorn to take out, and now a place to pile it to burn.

Hopefully you guys are having a great weekend as well.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:57 PM
SAHD to RN

We had a fire last night too, Woodchuck.

Wife took half a day yesterday due to the awesome weather, so we played at a playground then came home and I set up the camper. We made a fire, cooked dinner over it using a tripod grill and invited friends over for s'mores.

Ian and I slept out in the camper while the wife and Leah went inside to bed. Ian fell asleep in oh, 1 minute! And didn't stir all night. I stayed up 'round the fire knocking back some cold ones and joined him in the camper around 11.

Up at 7 to put some coffee on and cooked & ate breakfast outside. Wife & Leah joined us too. It was a great change of pace, having the kids play outside first thing in the morning. We didn't even come inside til 10am. And that was only to shower and then we went off to a playground!

I'll post pictures of 'Camp Driveway' later.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 04-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Certified Shit remover

Heard from our old friend Louis this morning, seems things are going well at the Red Cross. He rain into some major financial issues regarding their safety plans for blood bank at the location where he is in PA. Spend the 65 months getting them out of debt and trying to do his regular job.

Alex 11 Autistic-Seizure Disorder-Shawn 10 -Brendin 7-John- 6 Autistic/ADD
Old 04-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Lets see, I dropped an oak tree right where it was planned to go, it wanted to take out a two story deck, but with the use of wedges I convinced it otherwise, the wedges were sacrificed when I left too much holding(hinge) wood for the tree to fall, ehh, sacrificial tools anyways. The tree yielded a face cord of split wood, and two 8-1/2' logs that will be milled into lumber.

On the way home, I cut the wife off, so we all came home together in the end. Then some parent together time after naps.

Called a neighbor that heats with wood, they were excited to have the opportunity to come over and cut down all the buckthorn I was going to pile/burn. See, they have a wood stove that radiates heat, a fine way to heat the house, while I have a wood furnace, and it requires larger-higher btu wood to keep the house warm, so for them, 3-4" wood is perfect, to me its useless(toooooo much work for the low output), so they'd be happy to come over and clear out my junkwood. Works for both of us.

I lit my last, standing pile of brush tonight, now I can pile more for the next no-wind night. It doesn't take long for me to make burn pile, couple hours.