Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2021, 11:21 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
Good morning, guys.

TMJ. I think my bite guard is failing at night or the stress is finally starting to express itself in my jaw. Where is medicinal when I need it?
Good morning.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frito Lay was behind the whole legalization of recreational weed.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 04-25-2021, 01:01 PM
Just Dad

Good morning. Now I'm thinking about chili with fritos.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:38 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

It looks like Comcast is tinkering with our Internet connectivity speeds. I'm surprised my wife hasn't gone on a corporate plan.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:53 AM
Just Dad

Morning, guys. Allergies are kicking my butt. Spring looks to be waning with temps in the 80's this week. 3 weeks until summer vacation begins. I need to find some activities for the kids if I want to maintain my sanity.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:04 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

WiFi is acting up so my wife went in to work yesterday. I'm tasked with fixing it but really it's time to hand the old gateway back in and buy our own.

Quote:
Morning, guys. Allergies are kicking my butt. Spring looks to be waning with temps in the 80's this week. 3 weeks until summer vacation begins. I need to find some activities for the kids if I want to maintain my sanity.
Good morning,

Yeah. Summer vacation. It's hard to believe, but your state typically cuts them loose early, right? Our kids will be in school for at least another 2 weeks after that.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:25 AM
Just Dad

Good morning.

I tend to use my own router even if the company supplies a gateway. I just turn their radio off and direct attach my router. It saves me the trouble of having to reassign addresses and security.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:53 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

I just dropped my fully vaccinated wife off at the airport; she's off to visit her parents. They'll be up here in July/August. Meanwhile, I'm expecting delivery of the French doors to her home office. I would like to get that done while she's away for 5 days. I should probably paint the built in bookshelf too. I am already fighting the urge to procrastinate, but I think I need to get it done so that I can feel useful.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:27 AM
Just Dad

Good morning. A prioritized list with items in 30 minute to hour jobs. That way you have steady progress. Step the whole process out in your head and then put it to paper, otherwise you won't get started or you will get hung-up.

And I need to follow my own advice.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:09 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning.

Yesterday the school called me in to pick up Joe because he was sniffling excessively; he gets bad seasonal allergies and they had gym class outside while the facilities staff mowed the lawn. They sent out an email to all the parents stating that while they realize hay fever is a thing, because of COVID they're playing it safe with any possible transmission risks. It sounds like BS but in my case the only BS is they called my wife who is not the POC for these things - and she's in Florida visiting her parents.

Quote:
Good morning. A prioritized list with items in 30 minute to hour jobs. That way you have steady progress. Step the whole process out in your head and then put it to paper, otherwise you won't get started or you will get hung-up.

And I need to follow my own advice.
LOL, thanks! I'm already kicking myself for not having them carry the doors up the front steps and into the front door. I can't split myself in two so I called a friend who is coming out Saturday to help me. My wife and I have discussed this contingency and she's willing to pay them a stipend. So much for getting it done on my own though. It's raining so I can't even work outside, so I'm going to tinker in the basement instead.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:58 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys. The weekend took it's sweet time. Finally.